Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 21, 2007

Prettie Recipe Cards

Kristine challenged us a few weeks ago to make a recipe card for a fellow Prettie Girl. I don't have any original recipes of my own, but I have a few keepers from my grandmother.

Growing up, you could always count on my grandmother to bring her famous nutbars to every family gathering. My mother would have to hide them from us till after dinnertime. Once they were set out, we'd all fight over who liked corner, edge and middle pieces. (I like the middles.) When my mom would pack them up into the freezer to save for another day, I then discovered that they also tasted especially great nice and cold.

I created a pocket card to share this family recipe with Alli. I really wished I had the MFT How Sweet it is set, but I decided that Au Chocolat would also work very well.

The recipe was printed off my computer and then I added a decorative border with my SU Jumbo Wheel "So Swirly" in Close to Cocoa and went over the flourishes with my Sakura Stardust pen.

Sadly, since my eldest has a severe nut allergy, I can't make these for my boys. I'll have to give it a whirl with safe chocolate chips and no walnuts, but they just won't be the same as Maymie's.
Although I miss her all the time, this time of year is especially hard with so many family gatherings. (I will not cry, I will not cry.) She so would have loved watching all the kids play tomorrow. Since she passed, I've had a second baby, my cousin has had two babies and my uncle has had twin babies. My Uncle always loved to torment her at Thanksgiving by listing any manner of ridiculous things (notably Red Sox and Patriots victories) as what he was thankful for each year. In the back of my head, I can still hear her I can hear her groaning, or shouting "Stephen!"
Please drop by all the Prettie Girls to see what they did for the challenge. You'l find links to all the girls blogs over on the right hand column. Julie Cambell already issued this weeks DT challenge, and it is to create a monogrammed item for other Prettie Girl. Next Wednesday you'll see what we all did for Jillian's ornament challenge and then we'll have our monogram creations the week after.

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Joanne! Again, I love the use of Au Chocolat paper! I'd love to try the Nutbar recipe too. I'm very sentimental about recipes too. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy W said...

Love it Joanne. Very nice idea, make a great hostess gift during the holidays.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving, thanks for sharing your work with us everyday!

Unknown said...

Simply stunning Joanne!! Love that pocket for teh card! :

Tina said...

Gorgeous!

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! This recipe looked so good...even before I knew what it was! Beautiful!!!

I also LOVE your card made with Gina K's sledding set. Cool layout!!!

Alli Miles said...

Beautiful girl. And would you believe I received it today? Thank you so much. I can hardly wait to make this yummy snack.

Melissa said...

So elegant! I would love to have a set like this in my kitchen. I'll have to give it a go :) TFS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover