Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 28, 2007

Crayon Bundle Class

I've been working on my items for my monthly project class with my girls. I wanted to use the Happy Hearts Day that we were able to preorder from the new catalogue. I think its just so super cute.

Since I always try to show them something new, I wanted to try to focus on techniques with crayons.

This first, super fast card, uses my watercolor crayons to fill in the images. We'll be using a blender pen not only to smooth out the crayon to fill in the open spaces, but we'll use crayon directly on the blender pen tip to color in the teeny areas (like the mouse's sweater and the little flower.) I added a little border of scallops with my slit punch, then dry embossed each scallop with my crop o dile. The background was created by stamping the little flower image repeatedly, then I colored in each heart with my white gel pen, and added a brad to the center of the flower (I'll use my new red brads when they come in before the class!)

Then, to show the versatility of these crayons, we'll also be doing a crayon resist card. I've been wanting to try this, and this was the perfect excuse! On my last order I picked up some glossy white paper and the neutral crayon pack to try this out!


The borders were made with the slit punch and then the little butterfly image fits perfectly on the tag punch. The butterfly wings were colored in with my crayons, then bling'd up with a glue pen and dazzling diamonds.


The last project strays from using the crayons, but I couldn't resist making a treat topper with the cello bags for the last item. I needed my markers for this one so that I could ink up the pieces of the stamp individually. I used Regal Rose for the border and the hearts, then used Real Red for the sentiment.
I used my handheld punch to punch a small rectangle, then lined it up again and punched another just below it for a slightly larger opening since this grosgrain ribbon is too wide for the standard sized punch. Again, I used my slit punch to make a scalloped border, and this time used my crop o dile to make a little eyelet through each scallop instead of the dry embossing I used on the first card. Just a few small pieces of double stick tape to close the treats up inside.
So, using the items from the Valentines Bundle (Happy Heart Day stamp set, Real Red Wide Grosgrain, Medium Cello Bags and the Regal Rose wide grosgrain free with the bundled items!!) as well as a white gel pen, my handy SU crayons, slit punch and a crop o dile, I was able to come up with a few fun valentines ideas real quickly! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are just adorable. Love that you used crayons. I just rec'd some for a b'day gift and haven't used them - can't wait to try them now. Love the glossy look - was wondering how that was done. Love the paper and just so pretty. TFS :)

Anonymous said...

These are such cute cards! I love this set and I should start my cards asap!

Kathy W said...

very cute Jo- I have yet to try my watercolor crayons for this, I was still using the crayola! good tip

Tricia T said...

Great class! TFS!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh can I come to your class? These are all adorable!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job Joanne!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatima (RAHS)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover