Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 29, 2007

The Softness of Sky......

I'm going to be really, really sad when Soft Sky and River Rock retire this summer. I just love the look of them together, and they coordinate with just about every other color out there as well.




I had a belated wedding card and gift to deliver to my sister this week. This card was the first thing, non Christmas, that I'd made in a while. I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to put this together, it was a while..... Just goes to prove that really, creativity is a muscle that needs regular workouts, and with all the craziness of this season, I just haven't had time.



To be honest, when I was finished, I wasn't even sure I liked it, but my husband did, and now as I look back on the photo, it came out nicely in the end. I love the effect of the Spica pen that I used all over the flourish and on all the white pieces of the flower from Baroque Motifs.



While I'm enjoying this week off, playing with all the kids new toys, and lots of family time, I'm also itchy for some stamp nights! I get so antsy when I don't have a little creative time each day! I'm so in a creative rut and finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. Once I'm back into daily stamping, I'm sure it will come easier and I'll have designs running through my brain again, I'm just not there yet.... bear with me!


Wishing you all a happy vacation and a happy and safe new years. 2007 for me was a truly amazing year, I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!! I'm with you I'm going to be sooo sad when soft sky and river rock retire!!!

Dottie K. said...

Stunning!!! Love the color combo and all tht glitter. I know what you mean - I can't wait to get back to all the projects I need to complete but still Holiday visiting thru tomorrow. I need to be back in a routine and get the mojo back. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! thanks for sharing. By the way, did I miss the post of your Christmas card?

Anonymous said...

The colour combination and Baroque Motif makes a beautiful card; I love it. TFS

Anonymous said...

I checked back on your blog posts and I have to agree with Mary that I missed your final post of the completed Christmas card. I noticed the photo of the box ready to be sent but that was it. I am anxious to see it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Fabulous card, and a great color combo!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Joanne! I love the soft elegance of it...and the various layers on your main image really make it pop! Pretty good for your warm-up! :-)

Huggs,
Jana

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Yeah, I LOVE these In-Colors this year. I'll be sad to see all of them go! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!

Fatima (RAHS)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover