Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 1, 2007

December 1st and Seriously Behind Schedule

Wow. I am so behind on my Christmas Card project. Eeks.
But I'm determined to get on track this weekend.

Last night I stamped and trimmed out pointsettas for the first 30 cards. Its a good start, but I've got to crank it up as I usually send out 120+ cards!! I'm going to sit and stamp enough for the rest of the cards and then I can trim them as I have moments here and there.


I also vow to cut all the paper this weekend - not such a bad chore since my darling sister bought a Carl Cutter for me so I should be able to zip through that easily enough.

I also have to get the photo of my boys printed. I usually spend a lot of time agonizing about that photo, right clothes, good smiles, eyes right on the camera. Well, my two year old is all about teaching ME a lesson rather than the other way around. So, this year, I'm not agonizing. I have a photo that I like - and I'm moving forward.

If I make 10+ cards each night I'll be done in about a week and a half. Not so bad. I did keep them simple enough that its achievable. I can't show you the card - that would spoil the surprise, but I'll give you snippets here and there of what I'm up to, and then I'll post the finished card just before Christmas.

If you're making holiday cards this year, I'd love to hear where you're at. If you'd like to make them, but worried about how much work it is, just divide that job up into little chunks and start moving forward. Even if you don't do your WHOLE list with hand made cards, pick a group of people that would appreciate your work and get those into the works.

Yes its work, but for me, a true labor of love. Have a great weekend everyone, I'm off to cut paper. I'll be back on Monday with a shot of my progress.

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kathy W said...

just started yesterday myself. Much easier design- as you gave input. One ink color, then anything dimensional is punched.
I got my card bases all stamped.
Just have to do ribbon and cut and matt photos. And stamp and matt sentiment which will be done with both oval punches.

BTW- does the 5 flower punch fit the the poinsetta? Hand cramping cutting out over 100 of those suckers.

Shutterbug said...

Wow! That's a lot of cards. i only send out about 10! Well, I got to that point after sending Christmas cards year after year and then simply sending only to the ones that sent one back. Don't you wish you had a punch for those poinsettias?
I still have a lot to make though since I have a few "extras" that I want to make. Happy stamping and have a great day.

Liz said...

Since I got my goodies on Thursday, I'm only 8 cards away from finishing! However, I'm "only" making 50 cards, compared to your 120! Like you, I'm very systematic with prepping. I do all the tedious work first (like cutting out those poinsettias!!!) and then leave assembly for last! I will be relieved to get them done tomorrow. Our holiday portraits won't be done until next week, but at least my cards will be!

Good luck with your cards! I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Alli Miles said...

Wowee girl! You have a lot of work ahead of you but good for you for getting on the ball.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover