Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 31, 2007

Do you groove on guava?


I have this friend that just doesn't like Groovy Guava, and I'm on a mission to convince her otherwise!!
I ordered "A Beautiful Thing" and the Ginger Blossom paper from Stampin Up's preview catalogue, but of course, haven't had a moment to play with it.


I finally got some time last night. At first again, wow, so creatively blocked and I just pushed paper around a while. Then, I remembered this beauty of a card from Mary Jo Albright and knew I needed one of those super floweriffic medallions she had made. I had the flowers layered and bradded already, but the scallop punch was just too big on its own.


To see how to turn your scallop into a starburst type shape, be sure to check out Beauty Lies Within- she amazes me daily!! What a clever idea! No wonder she's so frequently published in the SU publications, and was an artistan award winner, she's brilliant!

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Laura said...

I Groove on Guava BIG TIME

Kathy W said...

groovy guava is my favorite! love the layers of this flower, beautiful work yet again.

Dottie K. said...

I have to agree with your friend - I can't get into Guava. Can't get motivated to use it at all. I do love your card - so pretty. I missed out on the bag of scraps - was out bargain shopping after Christmas items. I'm going to reorganize my office in the next couple of weeks - can't stand to scrap in a mess. Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

Groovin' with Guava...you did a fantastic job and I'm sure you will convince your friend that it's a good color.
Your flower medallion is very beautiful. Actually, the whole card is very breath-taking.
Thanks so much for the sweet words about me:)
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hugs,
MJ Albright
www.mjalbright.wordpress.com

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I have a package of GG unopened, I think I'd better break it out! Your card is georgous!

Nancy Riley said...

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!! Joanne, I am now picking my jaw up off the ground!!! This card is incredible ... just PERFECT!!! I'm going to have to case this one for sure!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Tricia T said...

I'm one of those "not fond of guava" people, but your card is gorgeous!! :) TFS!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Joanne! I used to be anti-Guava, but now I love it!! Just had to start using it with some good colors, like you did here! Happy New Year!!

Dawn Easton said...

Your card rocks! I'm not a fan of Groovy Guava OR River Rock but since getting this DP, I've changed my mind a bit. Your card is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!!!!! Love that flower medallion!!!!

Fatima (RAHS)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Jo!! Just a gorgeous card, you've convinced me! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, your card is beautiful.
JoAnn B.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover