Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 5, 2007

For Jules....

Our latest Prettie Girl challenge for the Paper Pretties Design Team, was to create a monogrammed item for another girl on the team. This week, my creation is going to Julie Masse. It should be arriving in her mailbox today!!

I used two of the four new releases from Paper Trey Ink. Spiral Bouquet and the Ambassador Monogram. I WISH I had also purchased the Borders and Corners monogram set...that would have truly been the finishing touch...
This tote pattern is from Leslie Miller's blog "Running with Scissors." I've made them here before and I just love them. The more you make, the faster you're able to put them together.
I started with Very Vanilla paper and stamped the large solid flower bloom with Poppy colored Brilliance Ink, then stamped the coordinating large spiral sized bloom with the Coffee Bean Brilliance Ink. I then added the swirly stems using my Dew Drop Brilliance Pad in Spanish Olive. Then I set it all aside to dry and moved onto the next step.
The tote base is Always Artichoke. I got that all scored up while I waited for the ink to dry.
I wanted a contrasting band... which I decided I could make a coordinating ivy pattern using only the different sized stems. Since the stamps are clear, its easy to add little branches to the main sized stem -there are lots of different sized options. This was so fun to do!
I added a quick river rock mat to tie in the River Rock Double stitched ribbon which I wanted to use for my handles.
The note cards made with an Always Artichoke base with an ivory note, and a 1/2 inch band of ivory which I added the smallest size bloom. Finished off with the Ambassador Monogram "J" for Julie within a 1" circle punch! The monogram is then matted with a 1 1/4 ruby red and 1 3/8 sized always artichoke circle and popped up on a dimensional.

This was SUCH a fun project to make, and I hope Julie enjoys it.
We're taking a brief hiatus from our Wednesday challenges as we all have so much going on for the holidays. But, we'll be back with new challenges for the new year! Be sure to blurf around to all the other Prettie Girl blogs (see the links on my sidebar) to see what they're up to.
Trust me when I tell you there will be lots of Prettie Girl goodness to come!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

This is absolutely GORGEEEOUUUSS! You did such a great job with the colors. I love PaperTrey Ink. Nichole has such amazing designs! GREAT JOB JOANNE!

Dottie K. said...

Wow Joanne these are stunning. I'm sure she is going to love them. I just got my first order from PaperTrey and can't wait to use them today. Thanks for all the inpiration. :)

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! These turned out GREAT! I probably should start my project since I issued the challenge! Woops!

Nancy Riley said...

Lucky Julie! This card set and tote are GORGEOUS (just like everything you create!) !!!!

Daisydaze said...

These are beautiful! I love the tote....popped over and got the instructions. My sister's birthday is coming up next month, and my plans are to make this and surprise her. Thanks bunches!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH, just GORGEOUS! I LOVE that box!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover