Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 10, 2007

Pile O Presents

I've been dying to get a chance to play with this stamp from Gina K. It waited patiently in line behind those Christmas cards of mine!

Its such a pretty image, perfect for my new favorite past-time watercoloring! This could be used for a birthday card with a happy birthday sentiment, but this time, I went for a big old pile of Christmas presents! I used watercolor paper with Mellow Moss and Ruby Red ink for this project, and finished off all the bows with my Sakura Stardust pen.

I used to have some Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon around here somewhere, but naptime isn't the time to fool around...its the time to make quick work! So, I subbed in some of the Kraft Taffeta ribbon which worked very nicely as well.

This gorgeous paper is Webster's Pages that I picked up at Verve Visual when Julee did a sale on Thanksgiving weekend. This paper is so rich!

I loved that the piece I selected for this card had a nice little empty space for me to tuck my sentiment into. How CONVENIENT!! I added an antique brad through the little snowflake for a little touch of detail.

I love wrapping the presents and tucking them under the tree, but really I think that is just too much to expect for my little one (2.5 years old) to not dig right in. So while I love watching the present pile grow under the tree, I'd rather not battle with the little guy for the next 15 days about when we can open the presents.

Eeeks!!!! FIFTEEN DAYS?

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Maren said...

What an beautiful card! I don't battle it either....the presents all come out on Christmas eve. These last 15 days will go fast! Congrats on finishing your card!

Melissa said...

So cute!

Allison Rankin said...

Great color palette!

Laura said...

The only presents that we put under the tree are the ones "from the kids". My 7 yo has Santa's workshop at her school, and they each get to pick out presents for their family. She was so proud of her presents, she can't wait til next week to do it again!! I love your card by the way..lol

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover