Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 6, 2007

Who Says?

Who says you can use a dinosaur for a little girl card? Of course, it has to be the RIGHT little girl, but lucky for me, I know just the girl.

Last night, I attended the MFT Cocktail party over on the SCS Forum. It was SO fun. I got to chat with some of the most talented designers, signed myself up to read some more blogs, and had quite a few laughs. My dear husband just didn't get it. I was hitting the F5 key constantly to refresh and still had a hard time keeping up. So fun, I already can't wait for the next one.

Of course, he got tired of the party before I did and I had to sign off early. However, somehow I did come back down later that night and scoff myself one of the new releases "Rain or Shine" as I was so afraid they'd sell out! Uber sneaky of me. Whoops.

Kim, if you're out there, can I had SUCH a good time, thanks for hosting, and thanks for for making yourself SO available to all of us! You have an amazing team, the products are brilliant and I had such fun creating this little number today! Can't wait to get my new stamps to play! This little set makes a rainy day look cheery and fun!

Okay, now back to the card. This was designed first as an ATC using my new favorite, Scenic Route paper that I've got tucked aside for a upcoming special project. I had to dig into it a little, I couldn't help myself any longer.

I used my tricky - two scalloped punches to make a scalloped rectangle for the matting for Miss Dino. She was stamped with Stazon onto Shimmery White paper and then watercolored with ink from Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink and Pretty in pink pads.

A quick touch of Stickles on her hat and the coordinating cupcake. Watercoloring is my new favorite technique, I love the effect and it looks especially cool on the shimmery white!

The card itself is 5 1/4 square piece of Bazill paper Berrylicious with some of the Scenic Route paper asmat. The band across the middle has been set with two of the SU jumbo eyelets using my Crop O Dile. So handy that thing!!
Have a great day everyone, I've got my stamp club girls coming tonight and I can hardly wait.

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh-Aaaaah this is just so darling. Love the paper and I'm sure she is going to love it. How cute???? I always enjoy your blog and work so much. Have fun tonight!!!:)

Melissa said...

So cute!

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh!!! I LOVE this! I think you pulled it off! I would have never used this for a girl's card, but it's awesome!

Nancy Riley said...

These cards are AMAZING! So darn CUTE!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover