Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 22, 2008

Double Take

When you first look at these cards, they don't look much alike at all. However, look again and you'll see its the same layout.

I've had a sketch class on my mind for a while, just no time to do the samples. When I made this little hippo card the other day with Pun Fun I knew I'd found a sketch I could use over and over.



The background paper here is from a retired simply scrappin kit that I've had kicking around a while. The Hippo is watercolored with Basic Grey reinker and his accents are colored with Bashful Blue (no blue toenails like the pink cutie I made the other day). This new striped grosgrain ribbon I can tell is going to be a favorite for me!

I've had my Sale A Bration preorder for about a week, and haven't had time to play (shocking I know considering the stamps are die cut - a huge mini catalogue benefit if you ask me!!!) I'll admit to being a total skeptic when I heard that SU was selling rub ons. I thought, ick. Then, I saw them all over the new catty, and decided I had to at least try them.

Well now I can safely say, I love this product. This was SO easy, the hardest part was figuring out which rub on to use...and in the end, I just love the effect. The only thing is, it isn't going to work for my usual mass production of cards, so I'll have to save them for the special ones. It does make for one speedy card though, and I think the effect of the black swirl across the rose red paper is so crisp.

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

LOVE these cards Joanne! I might have to CASE that sketch...it really is quite versatile! Maybe for a certain someone we all know and love! ;-)

Basement Stamper said...

Absolutely love the Pun Fun card, this is going on my next order.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Joanne! So pretty to see the rub ons! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How did I miss these cards? LOVE them!!! Love the sketch. . .is THIS the sketch? LOL

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover