Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 22, 2008

Hippy Day!

I had such fun playing with my "Just So Hippy" set from Gina K last night. I have two cards to share, but I'm still tweaking one, so you'll see it in the next few days....

I decided that I was going to create a background for the giraffe by masking and sponging all around the giraffe. To get started, first I stamped the giraffe onto whisper white cardstock with brilliance graphite black. Then created a mask by stamping the image again onto Eclipse Tape, trimming that out carefully and applying it over my giraffe on the cardstock.

Then I sponged a background using Soft Sky for the top and Certainly Celery for the bottom. Once I was happy with how that looked, I peeled off the mask and colored in the giraffe with my SU markers.

To get into all the nooks and crannies, I applied crayon to the tip of my blender pen and colored with it that way, rather than crayon direct to the paper. The hearts here are colored in the same manner with Pretty in Pink crayon.

I stamped the heart and the "Love You" onto Pretty in Pink paper and trimmed it out. Tied a piece of silver cording around the base of the heart and popped that piece up on a dimensional. Once it was in place, I coated the heart, and the knot in the cording with Diamond Glaze to make a really shiny balloon. I tied a small piece of gingham ribbon at the tail height and secured with a glue dot.

The card base is covered in the polka dotted pattern from the Certainly Celery Designer paper and then there is a border of Certainly Celery and Soft sky matting for the main image. A strip of scallops is tucked just on the right hand side of the panel which I created with my slit punch.

The word window punch makes cute little tabs, which I placed on the left hand side of the panel and secured with a silver brad to coordinate with the silver cording.

I just love this color combination. So springy despite the fact that its freezing here!!!
By the way, if you too have already purchased this cutie-patootie set you'll want to be sure to swing by Melanie's blog. She has some truly outstanding projects using the set, and she's posted a tip sheet over on the Gina K member forum too.

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Fabulous card Joanne! I love the sponged on color. Can't wait to play with my set...just under 2 more weeks! :)

Liz said...

Cute card Joanne! I love the colors too...by the way, where do you get Eclipse Tape. Can you hyperlink that item on your blog? Masking can be a challenge for intricate images, so any tool that'll make it easier is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Jo,love the layout!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute card! I love the sponging and the card is just sweet!

Mia said...

Such a cute card! I love your colors, the layout & your cute giraffe! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jillabella said...

stinkin adorable! I love the balloon on the tail, might have to case that idea! ;)

Cassie said...

I love everything about this card! I love the scalloped edge, the little tabs on the left, the polka dot background, the cute giraffe! Cute! Cute! Cute!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Fantabulous!!! Love everything about this...Super!!!

Hugs,
Lisa Banks <><

Melanie said...

Joanne, you can color my nooks and crannies any time!!! ;)

outstanding work, soooo cute

Melanie said...

PS I have the Hippy Tip sheet on my blog, too, just in case it gets "lost" in the forum threads) thank for mentioning it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just adorable, Joanne!

Donna Baker said...

this is SO cute! I {{heart}} this set s much!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover