Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 31, 2008

Hippy Fun

Of course, there's work to be done, but I couldn't help but play a little tonight. I was feeling a little stressed and stamping simply for the fun of it helps me to unwind. I think it is focusing on the process at hand and seeing where it will take me is so consuming that it helps the "gotta do this, gotta do that" fade into the background

I put on a girlie movie (which turned out to be really crummy) pulled out my "Just So Hippy" set from Gina K --- that was waiting patiently for me on my desk --- and reached into a delicious new paper purchase, then opened my browser to Jen's Sketch for You To Try and got stampin'.



The hippo was stamped on confetti white paper then watercolored with Basic Grey ink for the body and regal rose for the toenails. The toenails were then coated with spica pen for a nice sparkly pedicure.


This is so cute, it almost makes me want to be late sending a card to my good friend who is just about to turn 35! But, instead, I'm going to get my big but in gear and make her something equally cute for the occasion!

Guess I should get back to work around here...
Edited to add: If you're loving the "Hippies" as much as I do, you'll want to stop by Melanie's Blog as she's running a contest right now where you can win free stamps. RUN!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute Jo! That hippo is just so cute and your card is adorable!! :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i love this! so sweet!

Melanie said...

Who told you I'm turning 35!!! aww, Joann, you shouldn't have, shucks!

okay it's not for another couple of months! SOOO Adorable, love the sparkly toenials: you defietely "get" the hippy vibe! ;)

Donna Baker said...

so cute! never thought about coloring her toenails!! gotta make another one, I guess

Kathy W said...

One girl who doesn't mind the booty shot.

Joanne, I gave you an award today. check my blog for details and continue to share the love.

Catherine said...

too cute! this card is just for me, i turned 35, october of last year. should i send you my addy? LOL!

Alex said...

OMG - this is stinkin' adorable, I just laughed when I saw that hippo! I need this stamp! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Joanne, I just LOVE this! I cannot wait to cut out my set and use it! It's just sitting there! This is darling!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Joann! Love the little sparkly toenails...nice touch...hehe!

Love the layout too!

Leah said...

So cute! Love the colors:)

http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joanne for the contest shout out! HUGS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover