Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 30, 2008

Same Sketch, More Cards

I'm sure by now, you're tired of seeing cards with this same sketch, but they keep jumping into my head. And, I love how quickly you can move when you already know where everything will go.

This card is for my cousin who has two baby girls that were baptized this past weekend. I ordered this set "God is Love" for the occasion.

The card base is so saffron, covered with so saffron designer prints. Close to cocoa was used to watercolor the boat and close to cocoa paper for the matting. I was a little impatient to do the watercoloring and didn't wait enough time for the brilliance ink to dry -- so I covered my boo boo with some stickles to brighten up the smudge and it worked like a charm!

Turns out my little sketch also works for Elzybells! Of course I snatched up two of them at the most recent release. I thought this was an adorable get well image, and as I clearly have a shopping addiction (wink) so the shopping girl cracked me up.

This is soft sky designer paper on soft sky cardstock. The image was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and then colored in with my Copic markers that I picked up from Paper Pretties. The bottom edge was scalloped by using my corner rounder punch with the guard removed.

Admittedly, her hair is all wacky here... I didn't have the colors I needed for her hair, but of course, they are on their way to me now... I'm attending CHA and I can not wait to get myself into the Copic booth to learn all sorts of new marker skills. And then I'll fix this hair. Till then, she's just sick in bed with some bed head! LOL!

Come on, anyone want to play? What do you have that you can work into this layout. If you use it, I'd love to see a picture!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love this...As always your work is terrific!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this sketch! This will be the inspiration for my next card! Your cards are beautiful!

Julie Campbell said...

This is a great sketch! I love both of your cards! (I think I need an Elzybelle!!!)

Pegg S said...

Both cards are so lovely -- I am definitely going to try this sketch -- hmm maybe w/ my new Bella ?? :)

Basement Stamper said...

Great sketch and both cards are very cute!

Lois E. said...

Loved the cards. Where do I get a Elzybelle?

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE these! Especially that God is Love card! It's gorgeous! The colors, everything!

Dana said...

Both of these cards are Stunning!

maiahs_momma said...

Wow, what a cute card with the arc on it...too cute and very beautiful :)! Great job...will have to use this sketch for my next card or two. Will share a picture when I do get them done :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

Rae said...

That IS a great sketch! Both cards are really pretty!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover