Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 28, 2008

Keep it Clean.

I was so excited when Paper Trey Ink announced that they were going to be making their own printed paper. I just love all the projects that Nichole makes, and everything is perfectly coordinated, and she makes it all look so easy, but, it just doesn't come as naturally for me. So, it was a given that I'd buy that paper.

I picked up the Out on a Limb set when it launched, and I've had it tucked away for about a month as I've been so crazy busy lately. When my most recent PTI order arrived, I promised myself I'd dig in and get stamping. I'm so glad I did.

For this project, I used the Paper Trey Stampers Select white cardstock, as well as the Perfect Match Cardstock and Ink and Everyday Blessings Designer Paper and let me just say WOW! Everything inked up just SO nicely and I really enjoyed making these cards.

The only thing I used on these cards that isn't from Paper Trey is my my Pearlescent Chocolate ink from Brilliance.

I definitely fought the urge to pull out the sewing machine, or scallop punch anything. I wanted to add ribbon somewhere, but fought that urge off too. I hope that this reads as clean to you, not lazy or lame!



By keeping the design fairly straightforward, I was able to crank out several of these in a very short period of time.


Have a great day everyone!

18 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I, too, love this set so much! You can check out my blog for the two projects I used the stamp set in. I love the simplicity of the card and truly, less is more! Great job!

Michelle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set. I own almost all the Papertrey sets and this is hands down my favorite. I love the simplicity of this set. I have many cards made with this set on my blog.

Michelle

Unknown said...

Great cards Jo!! I love that set . . I guess I need to buy it huh? :) They definitely look clean and gorgeous!

Donna Baker said...

this speaks clean, simple & elegant! love it, so pretty!

mudmaven said...

Elegant and beautiful. tfs ~chris

Tricia T said...

What an elegant set. I need to make sets more often... Maybe I need to break down and get the PaperTrey stuff after all!! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought any of that paper yet. . .wonder what will happen now? LOL

What beautiful, clean and simple cards! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Nothing lazy or lame about these. They are gorgeous! I think simple is best sometimes. Especially with PTI images.

Stacy said...

This card is gorgeous. I love it, I can not wait to get some goodies from PTI but I am on a diet. YOu know the one where you can't buy any stamping supplies because Easter is coming and moms birthday is coming and the stamp festival is coming. Save, Save, Save! Have a stamp happy day! Stacy

Tara said...

very pretty...very clean!
love it!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I'm in love with my new PTI 'stuff' also, and I love the cards you have posted here using the pattern papers and the 'Out on a Limb' stamp set...the colors work so well together, especially with that stamp set...this is a great card that could be used for either a man or a woman....how neat is that! I may just have to 'case' this one....you are always giving us such terrific inspiration. Thanks, Barb g

Alli Miles said...

So pretty! You did a fab job with this set...I am glad you dug it out!!!

Alex said...

Very very pretty and elegant! I love that set! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rae said...

All I can say is that these are GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Simply Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love Papertrey??!! I love this set...it's so versatile. What a beautiful card. Thnaks!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Absolutely stunning, Joanne! LOVE them!

Debbie Olson said...

Joanne, this is just gorgeous! The longer I stamp, the more I am drawn to strong design and simplicity--classic!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover