Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 28, 2008

A few of you asked....

I received a few emails wondering how I got the ribbon onto my recent sympathy/Easter card that I made with Gina K's "He is Risen" stamp set. For those of you that already know the trick, you can just skip the rest of this.... but for anyone that wondered here goes.

I used my horizontal slot punch from SU to punch just the front panel of cardstock. And applied dimensionals to the back (do not actually adhere the main image to the card yet, leave the protective paper on the back of the little hexagons...)

I then threaded the ribbon through that slot, around the inside of the card, and back up through the slot.

And tightened up the ribbon, and tied a knot. Then clipped the ribbon neatly with my snips, then affixed the dimensionals.
Voila! Easy peasy! That horizontal slot punch is one of my handiest of punches (um, yes, I'm a queen of punches, I love my tools!)
Psst. This isn't how I left the card, I did in fact trim up that long ribbon, but I won't bore you with the card again as I've posted it before....

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Rose said...

Thanks so much for the visual! I love that idea and have actually never seen it before! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover