Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 12, 2008

Easter and Beyond

When I recieved my new stamps from Gina K for the recent spring launch, I got goosebumps when I saw this beautiful verse. Honestly, I did.

I love the font used here, I love the size of this image and I knew immediatley I wanted it to be the focus of my first card using He is Risen.

I really wanted the sentiment to speak for itself, so I picked the muted swirl design from Stampin Up's So Saffron Designer Prints paper and stamped the sentiment on Watercolor Paper. Not to actually watercolor, I just wanted the warm texture of that paper.

A quick whirl on my Janome Sew Mini and then distressed the saffron mat. Nothing more was needed than a length of Very Vanilla wide width grosgrain ribbon.

In addition to being useful for Easter cards, I'm going to spend a night making a stash of these to have at the ready for a heartfelt sympathy card.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover