Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 20, 2008

I love it when this happens......

I don't know why it happens, but some days I just wake up with a card design just perfectly crystalized in my head and man does it make the creation process speedy!

The flowers here are created with Gina K's new Bling and Dazzle - Flower Outlines! These little babies can be colored with your copic marker, used as they come in white, or colored with inks. In this case, I dipped my flowers in Rose Red craft ink and then coated with clear embossing powder and hit them with my heat gun. (warning, if you heat emboss these babies, they get super HOT! Be sure to let them cool down before you try to pick them up!) I then marked a place for each flower on my cardstock and placed a faint pencil line for stems.

I then went over the pencil line with my janome sew mini to create a sewn stem. (and then erased the pencil marks ever so gently....)

I **should** have made a trip to the craft store to pick up some green thread, but that meant packing up the boys, winding a new bobbin and rethreading the machine. And a trip to the craft store for thread as you know, never just ends up with the 50 cent spool of thread -- it always goes downhill from there, so I skipped that step and just used the natural thread I already had. Probably saving myself at least fifty bucks in "gotta have that" moments (nevermind a battle with my boys!)

Back to the card. Yikes. I created green "grass" with a scrap of old olive paper and then I hand cut little grass pieces and finished off that layer with a length of old olive wide width grosgrain ribbon from Stampin Up.

The card base is Rose Red cardstock covered in a piece of Rose Red designer prints paper. The little sentiment "friend" is stamped in Graphite Black Brilliance ink and punched out with my SU oval punch. The stamp is from Gina K's "Free with Three" set this month titled "Tag You're It"

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH. This is 'SEW' pretty. I'd love to see those little flowers in person. What a cool little embellishment!
audra

Kathy W said...

lol, too funny (the story). But great card.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS Joanne! I LOVE it! Love that sewing!

Unknown said...

Truly a gorgeous card! Everything is just perfect!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, Joanne!!!! Hugs and smiles

Deanna said...

This card is gorgeous!

Alex said...

This is really, really cute Joanne - I absolutely love this! Amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shannan Teubner said...

This is soo cool! I love it!

Melanie said...

awesome card, I have to go try coloring my flowers now that I have some Copics!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

I love this card. It is gorgeous. Has a fantastic look to it. Jennie

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover