Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 23, 2008

Spring in my step......

When I saw Kristina Werner's Make a Card Monday this past week, I slapped myself in the head. I loved her technique of applying your watercolor crayon to the SU case and then using it to watercolor with your aquapainter. I'm sure many of you already knew this trick, but I didn't. She's genius. I love watching her videos weekly, I learn a ton!!

I jumped at the chance to try it out! Pardon the pun... I couldn't help myself...

Out came my new Just so Hoppy Set from Gina K (illustrated my Melanie) and my confetti white paper and got coloring. This technique was so fun for me!
I used my Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose and Mellow Moss SU crayons and my aquapainter. I stamped the flowers on the main image then again on a piece of scrap. The scrap pieces were colored in, cut out and then applied with dots for some dimension.
I still haven't picked up green embroidery thread, so I was determined to make do with something in my ridiculous stash. Thin pieces of olive carstock did the trick, especially since tulip stems are sort of leggy anyways. I applied the a glue dot to hold them in place, then pierced through either side of the stems and tied a piece of gingham ribbon around the bunch to hold them in place.

The main panel was stitched with my Janome Sew Mini - love that thing, and now that I've cleared off my craft table a little, its easier to put it to use! Have you noticed I'm sewing everything again lately? My cards feel a little naked without it lately....

If you own the Just so Hoppy set, you've got to be sure to head on over to Melanie's blog. Not only does she have a million genious ways to use it, she's also doing a contest right now you can win free stamps! Get going! If you don't already own it, its so super cute and loaded with fun, 24 images in all!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Donna Baker said...

so cute!! I love the kanga's spring bouquet!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE, Jo! What a sweet, sweet card! LOVE those tulips!

Jana Weaver said...

Great job with those Tulips! I love the whole thing!! :-) And you're really making me want my sewing machine back...just 6 more months!!

Melanie said...

Beautfiul work, Joanne! I love the big bouquet!! Thanks for positng this terrific card!

Alex said...

This is totallly adorable and I love the bouquest - just so cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! Isn't that just the greatest set?

Corie said...

This is just so adorable -- especially love the flowers, they just pop off the card!!

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute! Love it! I just got this set. . .haven't inked yet. Keep inspiring me! **wink**

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a super cute card!!! Love it!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover