Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 27, 2008

I have another Paper Pretties card for you today. It should come as no surprise to anyone who reads here a lot that I was SO excited about the Splitcoast Color Challenge this week. Soft Sky and Basic Grey. Hello! Two of my favorites!
I chose Luke and Lexi from Sealed with a Kiss, my Swiss Dots Embossing folder and my beloved copic markers this project.

I added a strip of scallops to the bottom of the base card for a nice little border (I trimmed off about a 1/2 inch off the front of the card base so that you'd see the scalloped edge) and covered the seam with a strip of double stitched ribbon.
I actually didn't use designer paper on the card (gasp! I know!) instead, I created a background for the base card with the heart images included in this set. I just stamped them in Versamark for a subtle background.

Luke and Lexi were stamped in Brilliance Black then colored in with my Copic Markers... I added a silvery sash and jewels with my Stardust Pen.

I don't know why I keep making Luke a grey haired man. But as I look back, I always give him that hairdo. I just didn't want him to have the same color hair as Lexi, and I don't have a good hair color yellow just yet. Besides, I like salt and pepper hair on a man, I think its distinguished looking.

My paper piercer and mat pack made quick work of a little detail on the soft sky matting for the main panel and voila done!

I'm going to tuck this into my card box, and use it for the next Happy Anniversary card that I might need.

Have a great day everyone!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

great card Joanne!! LOVE those colors too! :)

Juanita B said...

I LOVE your card and the colors!
Great work. TFS.

I've miss a quite a few posts; however, I have checked them out and they are all wonderful.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I loved this color combo too!!! Your card is so cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover