Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 26, 2008

Prettie Large!

Two weeks ago, Julie issued a challenge for us to use chipboard! I honestly LOVE using Chipboard, so this was super fun for me. The only question was what chipboard to use....

A while ago, I purchased these Bare Naked Buttons from Cosmo Cricket. They actually make diecut paper to match to make it so super easy, but I of course wanted to use some Pretties on it since it is a Paper Pretties challenge after all!

I dug out my materials from the February Pretties Kit including this adorable Heidi Grace Paper and the MFT Ride 'Em Cowgirl set. I also grabbed this fantastic ribbon that Christie gave to me when we were out at CHA, and the Precious Metals Hardware kit that I bought over at the Paper Pretties Boutique.

I know I've mentioned it before, but this hardware kit is HUGE so many pieces, I actually don't mind digging in and using it, don't feel the need to hoard it since there's TONS of pieces inside!!

I grabbed this jumbo button, some adhesive, a sanding block, my scissors and got to work. The size of the button was going to necessitate a larger sized card, or else the button would BE the card.

The main image was colored in my Copic Markers, her dress was pieced her dress from the matching designer paper, added hemp twine as her lassoo with some Diamond Glaze.

Last week, I issued a challenge to "put on a mask" but haven't yet done my own challenge, better get cracking. Today the challenge will be issued by Charmaine.

Be sure to blurf around to the other Prettie girl blogs to see what they did with chipboard. You can find all the links to the right on my sidebar!

Have a great day everyone!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! What everyone doesn't realize is that while the picture is beautiful that this card is STUNNING in person!!

love u!

xoxo

Deb said...

That is a really fun card! I love to stop over at your blog for some inspiration. I've yet to be disappointed! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute card...I love the patterned papers you used...and of course her hemp lasso is perfect!! The giant button looks perfect with her!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Holy Big Button Joanne!!! That thing is huge, and I can see why you love it!!! Super cute and I Love the card you made with it!!

Bellawhoop said...

Beautiful! I love everything about it. Just gorgeous!

jjcreations said...

I love the variety in this. It's very fun. Joan

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover