Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 25, 2008

Sketch it Again

After being away from my stamp table for so long, I was really itchy to play. I have lots of stuff prepared that I can't show you just yet -- sorry!! But here's something I can show you!!

I really liked the sketch for Jen's Sketch For You to Try this past weekend, and wanted to use this fun flower from Gina K's "Sweet On You" set. If you like this fun sketch as much as I do, you can see even more samples with Amy, Carole, Shannan and Susan. I'm such a sucker for Jen's sketches that I've been known to use them again and again.

So, if you're not familiar, this set it is the latest in Gina K's Stamps for a Cause series. $7.00 of every set sold is divided evenly between The American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

The sentiment in this photo is hard to read for whatever reason, but it reads "Hope your birthday is as sweet as you are."

Nested ovals are made with my coluzzle and I have no idea who first decided to turn your main panel into a ribbon slider, but I love doing this! It was the perfect way to break up the extra white space in that oval!

The flower is stamped with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and then colored with my copic markers. I'm so bad, I just picked up a whole new handful of them this afternoon. I'm really enjoying working with them and couldn't resist just a few more..... oops.

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is awesome, Joanne! I love it!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so cute jo!! i LOVE the idea of the main image as the slider. you're right...it's perfect to break up that white space!! so genius!!

XOXOXOOXXO

Debbie Olson said...

Love your layout, colors, everything here, Joanne!

Lois E. said...

Love the card and sketch! I love the DS paper too. Where did you get the DS paper and what is the name of it?

Anonymous said...

Jo,
The designer paper is so cute. Where'd you get it. I'm such a sucker for polka dots! Another very creative card.
Audra

maiahs_momma said...

This is beautiful :)!


Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Beautiful! And the ribbon slider is perfect!

Many Blessings,
M.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

beautiful job on Jen's layout. I love her sketch this week too

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty!!! I totally drew a blank with this sketch, but you did wonders with it!!! Great job!!

Melanie said...

ooh these colors are yummy!!

Donna Baker said...

what a cheerful card, love your layout!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover