Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 3, 2008

Just Sew It

I wish I knew who originated this template, I learned it at a SU Demonstrator meeting about a year ago and I thought it was just a fabulous idea.


The folio itself is made from one piece of 8.5 x 11 paper. Scored at 2 inches to create a bottom pocket, then scored at 5.5 so that it folds evenly in half. I know I've shown these notecard folios before. They really do come together so quickly.

This time I actually didn't even stamp it at all (gasp!) I went a little crazy with the sewing machine to decorate it instead.



This pretty paper is Bali Breeze designer paper from Stampin Up with Taken with Teal cardstock as the base.

Inside, I have four cards and four matching envelopes. The cards are all 5.5 x 4.25 flat cards. Again, I usually stamp a monogram or a flower, but this time, I simply stitched a strip of designer paper.

I tried fooling around to add a small image to the notecards, but I just loved the design on this paper and in the end, decided to leave it alone.

I held my breath as I sewed these panels, I was so afraid I'd bust a needle, but amazingly the needle went through it all smoothly. Am I a lucky girl or what?

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

GORGEOUS stitching, Joanne! I just LOVE it! I'm only a faux stitcher because I can't sew! LOL

Liz said...

I can't wait to try this little project. Bali Breeze is my new fave DS paper. The cherry blossom design is my favorite in the pack. Great job on this. You make me wish I had a Jenome. If only I knew how to sew!

Anonymous said...

JOANNE! JOANNE! JOANNE! - This is a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing this! It's on my to try list!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover