Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 3, 2008

Ready to Fly....

This Sunday night, Paper Pretties will be releasing two more sets. This card has a little bit of the new Sassy Circles as the background, and features Flutterby Sophia - isn't she so cute?

I took a class from Hero Arts at CHA and we watercolored with chalk ink. I just love the soft texture that you get using the chalk inks to paint... so I used my VersaMagic Plumeria Dew Drop to stamp the sassy circles background, and to watercolor the dress to match. Sophia's skin, hair and the butterfly were all done with my copic markers.

Sophia's necklace is all prettied up with my Spica clear pen for just a little bling. It was just the right touch.

I have to say that I just love the sentiment with this set reading "Flutter your wings and fly." I think the script used is gorgeous.

Be sure to check out the other Prettie Girl blogs this week as you'll be seeing other samples. I'm working on another one using Sassy Circles to create a "ground" for Sophia to stand in.

If you like what you see, plan to join us Sunday on the Paper Pretties Forum on, March 9th at 8pm EST for the launch of two new sets and our monthly Stampin In Your Jammies (a mini VSN type event) hosted by my sweet friend Charmaine!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE this, Joanne! LOVE those colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so fabulous!!! I can't wait for the party!!!

Danielle L. said...

This is fantastic! I love the new stamps and the colors are fabulous!

Jana Weaver said...

I love it Joanne!! She's just fabulous, and the colors are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Love this set! Can't wait to "see" you then!

Alex said...

how adorable is this??!!! Love this card - the colors are fabulous!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Jo she's so cute!! Love the dots too! :)

Carolyn King said...

this is adorable...love the polkadoted background! too cute!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, your watercoloring is amazing! FABULOUS job!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover