Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 7, 2008

Prettie Friday - Swap it!

I recently organized a swap over on the Paper Pretties Forum with our very first release "Cuddle Me" featuring Sophia and her sweet little bear. This is the card I made for the swappers with Basic Grey Two Scoops paper.


I've been working on some samples for the upcoming launch of Paper Pretties newest stamps - Sassy Circles and Flutterby Sophia. All the other Prettie Girls have been sharing sneak peeks of that too, so be sure to go blurf around and see what they've been up to.

In addition to using Sassy Circles as a background, it also is great to use to "ground" your images so that they aren't just floating in space!


To do this, I stamped Sophia and then stamped her feet onto my Eclipse Masking Tape and trimmed them out. I placed the "tape feet" over her real feet and then stamped the oval from Sassy Circles, peeled off the tape and voila, she's grounded.

Paper Pretties will be launching these two cute sets on Sunday night as part of the monthly Pretties Pajama Party. Hope you can join up for the fun Sunday at 8pm EST on the Paper Pretties Forum.

Hope you have a great weekend. Be sure to hop on over to Jen Del Muro's blog tomorrow not only to play along with her fun sketch (you know that's always a must do sketch for me!) you'll also see the card that I made for her challenge this week. Lets just say I was tickled *pink* about it!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

You're up early my dear! LOVE your new flutterby card...those papers are fantastic, and your coloring superb! Also...your swap card was adorable. Guess I should post mine one of these days! :-) Have a wonderful day, and I"ll be chattin' with you in just a couple more days. :-)

Unknown said...

2 gorgeous cards!!! They look so pretty with that BG paper!! Great design Flutterby too! :)

Christie Ortman said...

These are both beautiful! So soft and feminine - thanks for sharing some more beautiful artwork with us!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are just gorgeous, Joanne! LOVE them!

Melissa said...

So pretty!

Juanita B said...

I am so in love with Sophia, she's a darling. You give her such a mesmerizing personality When you pair her with your gift. The cards are beautiful like splendid Beatrix Potter sketches. TFS.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both of your cards are so super cute!!! I love the new flutterby stamp, can't wait for the party!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your 'Pretty Card Swap' also....the 'two scoops' paper is beautiful and I LOVE using them. I felt very fortunate to be in a swap with you as well as the other fabulous ladies...all of the cards were awesome. Your work is always amazing...I look forward to your blog additions each and every day! Thanks for sharing your fabulous talent. Barb g

Carolyn King said...

Both are so sweet. You have showcased those stamps so well. I love that adorable girl!

Corie said...

These are just precious

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover