Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 30, 2008

Today's the Day!

Today's the day that I can begin to share with you the samples I've been working on with the two new stamp sets that will be available Wednesday April 2nd!
Just after Christmas, I saw these fun clear frames from PageFrames at Eclectic Paperie and I added them to my basket. No idea what I would do with them at that moment, but thought they'd be fun to play with. And as soon as I received "Happy Mother's Day" from Kim, I knew that I'd found the use for the frame.

I began by stamping the image on Shimmery White paper and then colored it in with my copic markers. Then I added some diamond glaze to the front of the piece and applied the clear acetate square right over the top and pressed to distribute the diamond glaze. The extra oozed out the sides and I wiped it away with a damp cloth. And set it aside to dry overnight.

I traced the scalloped frame onto a piece of SU Designer Prints paper in Soft Sky, trimmed it out, and used my same trick with the Diamond Glaze to affix the paper to the clear frame.

The next day, I sanded all the edges of the frame with a little white sanding block and applied Basic Grey magnets to the back of the piece and affixed a quick piece of double stitched ribbon.

The card base itself is super quick. Its a 5 1/4 square card and I used versamark and the small flower image from this stamp set to stamp a border all around the edges to compliment the scalloped shape of the main panel. Then, I affixed the other half of the magnets to the card front secure the main panel to the top.


So, what's with the magnets? The recipient can pop this main panel off of the card and hang it on the fridge. I shudder to think that all the cards I make for people might find their way into the trash at some point (GASP!) and this gives me hope that the front can be popped off and treasured instead.

I'll have another MFTeaser tomorrow for you using the other April release "Can You Dig It." Be sure to pop around to the other MFT Girls blogs and galleries to see what they've come up with. The new stamps will be available Wednesday night! Details to follow on the launch party on the My Favorite Things Member Company Forum- which is always a blast! Hope you can join us.

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Michelle said...

This set is cute, can't wait to see the rest & what a fabulous idea to be able to take off the frame.

Anonymous said...

Jo,
I also hate to think that a card that takes an hour to make just might end up in someone's recycle bin! What a great idea. You'll have to give me a closer look at this card!
audra

Donna Baker said...

wow - this is too cool; love the removeable frame, I like giving more than 'just a card' for that reason. tfs!

Melanie said...

really cool card and image, Joanne! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous!!

Renee said...

This is very pretty! I love the soft colors. TFS!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome card, love the pretty colors and can't wait to see the rest of the images in the set!!
Kelly

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!! this is so fabulous, and I love how you used the frame!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover