Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 18, 2008

Comfort and Peace

I have two previews for you today of the soon to be released "Comfort and Peace" set that is the new "Free with Three" set from Gina K Designs.

Gina designed this set for those most difficult of cards to make, either a sympathy card, or an illness that just might not get better. These somber occasions call for just the right sentiment, and Gina surely has developed some beautiful ones for this set.

For me, these are a challenging type of card to make, because it isn't about pink and girly and "stuff". I challenged myself to step out of my little box and create something really clean for this set.

The first card I did uses River Rock cardstock and an Always Artichoke matting. My nesties would have been perfect here, however, you may know my cuttlebug is broken (gasp) instead, I added subtle detail to the card base with the help of my Scor Pal and a thin strip of double stitched ribbon across the center.


For my second card, I decided that the lovely flowers in this sentiment would make a very nice background treatment.

I stamped with Versamark onto So Saffron cardstock and with the help of my coluzzle, trimmed an oval frame on the front half of the card.

I then stamped the flower on a piece of ivory cardstock and added it to the inside so that it would be seen through the frame. A small piece of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.

Hopefully, I'll never need to mail these cards, but if and when the occasion arises, I'll have something that will hopefully bring some comfort and peace to the recipient.

Gina has even more previews to share on her blog as well. Please be sure to visit to see what she's done with this beautiful set.

Four new stamp sets and a really fun new embellishment (shown on Gina's blog yesterday) will be released this Sunday night, April 20th. I'll have a preview of another one of the stamp sets tomorrow night!!






16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful cards, Joanne! Love the way you used the scor-pal on the first one! The background flowers on the second one are perfect!

Carolyn King said...

wow..they both are wonderful. Love the simplicity of the first and the design of the second! Awesome!

Melanie said...

Wow,you weren't kidding about the Saffrn one LOL!!(Don't know what moved me that day, these aren't my usual suspect colors! I think it must be YOU who is rubbing off on ME!) Gorgeous cards, both of them. The one at the top would be wonderful for a man or a woman, here, if I may so, you nailed the Stampinkub look! :)
HUGS!

Dawn Easton said...

Joanne, both of these card are beautiful! I really like the clean simple look of these. Beautiful my friend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are GORGEOUS, Joanne! I LOVE the score lines on the first and that elegant layout on the second! WOW!

Julie Koerber said...

In a word... beautiful! I really love the window card - it looks so soft and elegant!

Donna Baker said...

both of your cards are SO pretty, Joanne! look forward to getting this set; it's so fitting for those occasions that are tough to convey a special thinking of you message but with saying more than just that.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are stunning! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Shannan Teubner said...

Just beautiful!

Renee said...

These cards are beautiful! You did a great job making these cards for a very dificult situation.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so pretty jo and VERY appropriate.

XOXOXO

jjcreations said...

Both of these are very elegant. Joan

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous. Simple, elegant and gorgeous. TFS!

Debbie Olson said...

Joanne, these are just beautiful, and what a useful set too--leave it to Gina! :-D

Jennifer Buck said...

I love these! They are just beautiful! Hope you are doing well! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards Jo - the colors are very soothing! Great peeks! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover