Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 19, 2008

Hippy Previews

Today I've got two more Gina K previews for you. I was over the moon when I heard that Melanie had a coordinating set coming out for her "Just so Hippy" and "Just so Hoppy" sets.

This accessories set contains miniature versions of some of the characters from the previous sets, great little coordinated accessories like a crown, a rattle, a lilly pad and you will not get over how many fun words are included to create the exact sentiment you need. All told there are 50 images in this sheet of rubber. FIFTY! Amazing!!

I thought that the baby giraffe would be so so sweet for a scrapbook page. Its so cute and petite. Within the accessories I found a rattle, a paci and a diaper pin. Using my Blush Blossom Cardstock and my versamark pad, I made a subtle overall background for the page.

There's no way you'll see it in this picture, but the background is so cute in real life. The little baby was stamped on Ivory cardstock then colored with my copic markers and trimmed out and popped onto a dimensional. I added the title "you're my princess" by lining up the "you're my" and then the "princess" on my clear block - I have a block with grid lines that is SO handy for thing like that...
The big ivory space, is clearly for a photo. I'm sending this off to a friend that just had a new baby girl, but if you come here a lot, you know I don't share photos of my kids or my friends kids for privacy reasons. You'll just have to imagine her sweet little face!
I've got a second card that shows a mommy and a baby hippy! The hippo. Look how sweet they are all nuzzled up together. LOVE IT!
With the help of my eclipse tape, I stamped the baby first with stazon, then I stamped her again onto a piece of eclipse tape to mask her. Then stamped the mom to the left and a little higher to place her "behind" the baby. Pull off the mask and voila! Snuggled.
The images are watercolored with an aquapainter and ink from the lids of my inkpads. This paper is Stampin Up's Afternoon Tea which I totally adore and I finished the card off with what I call a "Beate Style photo corner punch" (aka, loaded with brads LOL!)
This sentiment is my very favorite of all "I sure look up to you." I plan to get a baby and mama giraffe card made with this same sentiment next week!
Don't forget, Gina will be releasing four new sets and an embellishment Sunday night. Please join us for the Launch Party from 7-10pm CST on this thread on the Splitcoast Member Company forum.

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melanie said...

oh my goodness,where do I start?! These are fabulous! I CAN see the background and I LOVE it!! (you need to scrap more often!!)

"snuggled" hee! Thanks for making TWO totally hip samples, you ROCK!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Donna Baker said...

the page & card are SO cute - love 'em! I bet your friend will adore her page

Anonymous said...

The page is darling, love it and the card also. Yes, you can see the background on the pink when you click on the picture for a larger view.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Carolyn King said...

Absolutely adorable! Love your scrapped page!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Joanne, these are AWESOME! This is just wonderful news that there's an accessories set! Woo hoo!

Whimsey said...

Oh my gosh; how stinkin' adorable; I cannot wait for the release of this set!!!

jjcreations said...

Both of these are great. I love the two hippos...especially the baby and the little giraffe is cute too. Joan

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover