Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 17, 2008

What You've Got

Nancy and Dawn are joining me for a monthly Stampin Up based challenge. This month, we decided to work with Bali Breeze paper, any SU stamp set, and we'd all work with LONG cards.

I pulled out a few sets that I simply HAD to have, but sadly, don't use that often. Do you have any of those? This long spaced card gave me a lot of room to play with. The stamps sets I used here are Wonderful Favorites, Definition and Stitched Exotics. I finished that flower off with some Felt Flower Fusion and a rhinestone brad.


I just love the really funky flowers that Nancy created for this challenge. I was totally in LOVE with this stamp set last spring, and used it on everything. This card makes me want to dig it out and get stamping. I'm totally CASEing this!
Dawn used the Pomegranate paper from this Bali Breeze collection and a stamp set that I must admit to coveting, but don't yet own. The pomegranate and black are such a great color combo.

Both the girls have some more Bali Breeze samples that they're putting up on their blogs later today, so keep your eyes peeled! I've seen them and they are aaaahhhhhmazing!

I'd love for you to join in our little What You've Got challenge. Here are the rules

1) Since the idea is to use What You've Got, you can either use Bali Breeze paper, or simply get inspired by the color pallette within the collection and use coordinating cardstock for this designer paper series.

2) Create a long card - the kind that fits in a business sized envelope using SU only supplies.

3) Have FUN! This challenge is about using what you've already got, digging out some things that you already own and putting them to use! Lets use up that Designer paper to make room for all the newness that will be released this summer with the new catalogue!

4) Post a link here with your creation, if you're using Splitcoast you can post with the code "WYG" so that we can see everything all together.

You can post a comment on this thread with the link to your creation to be entered into a drawing for a prize. This challenge runs through May 1st!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dawn Easton said...

Great card Joanne! So pretty! I'm so happy you included me in this challenge! It was a blast! I look forward to our next one ;)

Anonymous said...

I love these samples; thanks for a fun challenge; I got this DP and have barely used it; here's my chance as I need to make a bunch of thank you cards; thannks for the inspiration!

Donna Baker said...

all 3 are fabulous cards, I hope I can try making one to join the challenge...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love all three of the cards! You guys always do such BEAUTIFUL work!

Alex said...

This is fabulous Joanne - love that it is all SU! great inspiration for demos!! I totally am going to do this one!!

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane Gilbert said...

All three cards are beautiful! I am for sure going to do this challenge!!!! Thanks for the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the challenge, here is mine:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/889162?cat=500&ppuser=141637

Anonymous said...

I thought your challenge looked like fun! Thanks for inspiring some creativity!
Here is my card:http://www.carriestamps.com/weblog/2008/04/use-what-youve.html

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover