Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 9, 2008

Kindred Spirits - The Journey

The Journey Continues - Meet Rebecca:


"My name is Rebecca and I live in Canada. We have had a longer winter than usual but I think spring might be around the corner. I am a work-at-home Mom with two little ones. I decided to do daycare in our home because I wanted to be able to stay home with our kids but we needed some extra income. This allows me to do both and I really like it too.

Life is never dull when you're watching four children under the age of 5! I try to have some sort of structure in my day. We start out with free play time. Sometime mid-morning we gather for a healthy snack. Then, if it's nice enough, we play outside in the snow or hopefully, not in the snow soon! I try to make something that all the kids will eat for lunch. Their favorite seems to be my home baked macaroni and cheese. I love it too, which is making it hard to loose those last 10 pounds of after baby weight!


Oh well. More of me to love!'

Rebecca's Baked Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 pound elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon powdered mustard
3 cups milk
1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 large egg
12 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh black pepper

Topping:

3 tablespoons butter
1 cup panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and mustard and keep it moving for about five minutes. Make sure it's free of lumps. Stir in the milk, onion, bay leaf, and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes and remove the bay leaf. Temper in the egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Melt the butter in a saute pan and toss the bread crumbs to coat. Top the macaroni with the bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and rest for five minutes before serving.

Remember to save leftovers for fried Macaroni and Cheese.
---------------------

Okay, now its me, Joanne again! Seriously how excited was I when I recieved my packet of Kindred Spirits for this launch? After all, Rebecca and I share the same occupation! (If you didn't know, I operate a home based daycare too!) Wouldn't this stamp make a fantastic card for your care provider, or sitter? Did you know that May 9th is Provider Appreciation Day? I swear I'm not making it up, go google it!!

Its also great for cards for friends, or loved ones with preschoolers at home. Always with their arms full!

These stamps will be made available at one minute past midnight on April 10th. The Kindred Spirits are sold as single stamps, deepley etched rubber on cling vinyl, ready to be trimmed and used with acryic blocks. The sentiment I used for this card is part of a set that can be used with all of the Kindred spirits and many other stamps they already have. It is sold separately and comes in a tin.

To see more Kindred Spirits, you can continue the journey, by clicking here.

22 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melanie said...

"Okay, now its me, Joanne again!" LOL!!!

Adorable card!!! :)

Lee said...

Amazing!! Wonderful card in recognition of moms!!! And you are just too fun....love this!!

Elizebeth said...

I love the colors you chose for this, so soft and pretty!

Laura lok said...

great card and what a fun journey

Carolyn King said...

Hey...I think YOU are Rebecca!!!! Wonderful job on this card--it is just beautiful!!!!

emilymomto3boys said...

what a soft sweet card!!! Fantastic job!!

Jeannie said...

I love the colors of your card! It's so fun to travel blog to blog and see the different styles from each designer!

StampOwl said...

adorable card Joanne

Angie said...

I didn't know you're a daycare provider! As I've been on this "journey" I've been thinking of all the daycare providers I know, because I used to be one too! I had to stop because of pregnancy then moving, but I miss it! These stamps are PERFECT for daycare providers, they are the ultimate supermoms!

Jennifer Buck said...

Oh how cute is this! I love your card! It's just beautiful! TFS :)

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, what a beautiful BEAUTIFUL card! I love this image, love that all of these are being sold separately too, and the colors of your card are so soft and pretty. Very well done!!

Dawn Easton said...

LOL...fabulous card Joanne! Funny when I was reading that journey...I was thinking of you!

Etha said...

Beautiful :) Love your layout on this card, she certainly is at the right spot! what a fun journey, I'm going on :)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful colors on this and love the sentiment! what a fun journey through the blogs - lovin the stories and recipes!

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
Your card is beautiful. You are the ultimate Kindred Mom with all your daycare kids! Thank you for helping make this project possible

Barbara Schram said...

Wow...this card is wonderful. And hats off to you for being what I am sure is an awesome daycare provider! Love this recipe! Can't wait to try it! Off to continue the journey!

Christi Flores said...

What an adorable card! I love the story! :)

Melanie said...

PS had to come back again ot copy the recipe1 I just noticed "FRIED amac and cheese"?? sounds lethal!! in a good way :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such an adorable card. . .and what a neat set!

Unknown said...

What a cute card and I love the idea of these stamps! Really great!

Michelle Giraud said...

Fantastic card Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover