Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 2, 2008

Mask It

Whatever will I do when Soft Sky retires this summer? I'm sure SU will have some new color that I can't live without.... but this one, will be missed.

Two weeks ago, it was my turn to issue the Prettie Girl challenge. I don't know what I was thinking, I made the challenge to use some form of masking. Sorry girls!! I should have gone easy on you!

I stamped this little Stampendous bee onto whisper white paper and then stamped him again onto my eclipse masking tape. I applied the mask, and then using my ink pads and a sponge, I added in a background of both sky and grass. Then removed the mask and colored in the image with my copics.

I also used masking on my MFT card which I'm now off to go post. For that card, I masked to create the perception of depth, to sort of "stack" images to create a scene. I can't wait to see how the rest of the girls masked for this challenge, and girls, I promise I'll pick something easy the next time I'm picking challenges!

The card base here is Soft Sky, with Certainly Celery mattings. The flowered designer paper is Fall Flowers designer paper from Stampin Up.

Be sure to blurf around to the other Prettie Girl blogs (see links on the right) to see what they did for this challenge and to see what this week's challenge is as well!

Have a great day!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Joanne! LOVE that little bee!

Unknown said...

Cute card Jo! It was a tough challenge - but fun!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a cutie!!! Love that little bee, and I totally agree about the in colors, I wish they would keep them all around!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover