Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 1, 2008

MFTeasin' Again

Every week over on the MFT Splitcoast Member Forum, you'll find a new sketch of the week. I had just so much fun working on this one.

I'm not sure what the name is of this pretty patterned paper from Scenic Route as I've had it in my scrap pile for ages, but I thought it was just perfect for this project. I love this cheerful palette!

For the main image, I stamped three times. Once onto Stampers Select to color in the flower pot, flowers and leaves, once again onto So Saffron cardstock which I then stamped with the polka dotted pattern from Behind the Scenes.
I stamped with Versamark, covered with white embossing powder and hit it with my heat gun. Then I stamped the image again onto a pice of Stampers Select to use as the base of the image. Lots of paper piecing, but it was so worth it, because I just love the dimension
Be sure to pop on over to the gallery on SCS to see all the other creations for this week!
This set is "Happy Mother's Day" from My Favorite Things. Don't forget MFT will be hosting a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday night (April 2) from 9-11 p.m. EASTERN time. A fun evening is planned including mfteasers of the newest sets and a chance to become MFT’s next Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum for more details.

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Michelle said...

Love, love this card, the colors, the flower, everything!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, I find you to be quite amazing! How DO you create adorable card after adorable card day in and day out???? I'm a Joanne-wanna-be!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh joanne! this is gorgeous! ok, jen and i have decided we need to take photography lessons from you, or at least get your secret to your photo editing!! truly magazine-worthy!! hugs, sus

Renee said...

Very cute! Love the potted flowers!

jjcreations said...

Oh, this is fabulous. I love the colours...it's wonderful. Joan

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne! Love the color scheme -- looks sunny, just like you. : ) And pray tell, what is Stamper's Select? That sounds like something I need to know about!

Sew Club said...

Super pretty, Joanne! Love the colors!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Jo! Love the card girl!! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE this! I absolutely adore her polka dot dress!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!! Great job with the sketch!!

Debbie Olson said...

So lovely, Joanne! Great job coloring and accessorizing, and that SR paper is perfect!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover