Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 31, 2008

Just the Little Things

Today I have two more MFTeasers to show you. This time I'm using the new "Can you Dig it" set which does include the famous "Headless Chick" gardening (she's on my card for Wednesday)

But, today I'm using all the other stamps in the set - let me just tell you that this set is huge, so there are lots of things that you can do even without the chick!


This first card is on its way to a friend of mine on the team. I actually was gabbing on the phone with her as I was making it.




I've been totally inspired by the inchie creations over on Ellen Hutson's store, I decided to inch it up myself. The three little elements are stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate and colored with my Prismacolor pencils.



The card front is the largest square nestie that I cut onto a folded piece of cardstock making a nice big rectangle. I then covered it with designer paper and covered the seam with that vertical piece of Wild Wasabi Double Stitched ribbon.


I also just totally adore these cute little seed packets. I woke up with this card clear as day in my head while I was on vacation in Vegas. I really liked my one layer card I made with the Look Who's Perky set of mugs from Paper Pretties, and decided to use a very similar style card for the seed packets. But, it isn't a one layer card given that I had to add in some of my fave new Scenic Route paper.


The base of the card is scalloped with my corner rounder punch with the guard removed. The little seed packets were colored in with my prisma color pencils then blended with OMS and a stump. The Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon from SU is a near perfect match for this designer paper.

My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, April 2 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time.

Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

StampingJoan said...

cute cute cute! I was guessing that you made the scallops with a punch when I viewed it on SCS! I will have to try this! love your style!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Adorable!!! I just love this teaser card.. I love to garden, sigh! It's 18 degrees here, and no Spring in sight!
The card you linked to with the mugs is also one of my faves that you have made... adorable...
Thanks for sharing sneaks of the goodies!

Michelle said...

What fabulous cards - I just love the scalloped shape of the first one - can't wait to see the rest of the set including the headless chick!

jjcreations said...

Very very nice. I love this paper. Joan

Donna Baker said...

both cards are just awesome! so bright & cheerful; love your take on the inchies!

Kelly Schelske said...

very cute, love it:-)
Kelly

Debbie Olson said...

Joanne, I love your tiny little images! Beautiful colors, layout, papers--everything!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are cards are gorgeous, Joanne! LOVE them!

Renee said...

They are absolutely adorable and perfect!

Renee

Unknown said...

Great cards Jo!! Both are so prety - the colors are so nice and gotta love that paper!! :)

Melanie said...

looks like a really cute set,you tease!!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, these cards couldn't be any cuter! That designer paper and wasabi ribbon are perfect for the gardening images!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both of your samples are totally adorable!! I love the colors!!! Great paper too!!TFS

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover