Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 7, 2008

MFT Monday

The MFT Sketch Challenge of the week went up late last night and I was so excited to have an excuse to add a little MFT to my "to do" list for the week. I recently picked up Let's Go for a Walk and hadn't had a chance to get it all inky yet.

The supplies here are all from my generous stash of SU paper. I used Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper, the yummy Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain, a few Felt Flower Fusion pieces with a Gemstone Brad through the center, as well as a piece of chipboard.
I covered the chipboard quickly with the help of my Five Petal Punch, then after adhering the designer paper I inked up all the edges with a sponge and some Close to Cocoa ink.

The image was stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, then colored in with my Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS and a blending stump.

I pretty much followed the sketch, I just didn't add a sentiment where I was supposed to. I just couldn't make it work, it was junking up the layout where it was supposed to go. I skipped it. Whoopsie!

Its already been popped into the mail to one of my MFT pals!

I'm running an infirmary today instead of a daycare. My little guy is sick, my two clients are sick, and my husband is home sick in bed. Hope you all have a good day. I'm off to wipe noses....

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been stalking your blog ever since you joined the MFT design team. Now it is one of my favorites. Thanks for the challenge. I definitely need to use what I have. My stash is of generous size as well. This sound like fun. Thanks for sharing all your ideas and creativity.

Michele

toners said...

This is beautiful! Great coloring!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Jo! LOVE the felt flowers. . .what a nice touch!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love it Joanne! Thanks for the heads up on the sketch. I LOVE those ;)
I don't have that image but it looks like a fun one!! Great job on that card. I need to use chipboard more often too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am on use what you got mode right now anyway, with my upcoming trip to Texas!!
Love this card for the MFT sketch challenge!! That paper is fabulous and I love your flowers!! I had a hard time placing the sentiment to, but finally just threw it on there and stuck it in an envelope!! Thanks for sharing!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover