Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 30, 2008

Sewn on a Limb

I picked up Paper Trey Ink's Out on a Limb expressly for "man cards." However, till now I've only used it for flowery cards. This time, I put it to the use I had originally intended for my little brother's birthday which was earlier this month.

Want to know something funny? I didn't sew this card for the asthetics of it. I sewed it because I was OUT of adhesive. So I HAD to sew it! Giggle.

This card is a 4.25 inch square card of kraft cardstock with Close to Cocoa sewn on top. The front panel is Always Artichoke with a Very Vanilla panel up top.

I need to just pick up a full spool of this striped chocolate May Arts ribbon because I keep buying it a few yards at a time, and then I'm ticked when I run out again. Its a wonderful color and so easy to make a nice little knot. I fully believe you can use ribbon on a guy card, if its the right ribbon.

Happy Stampin!

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Carolyn King said...

out of adhesive..gasp!!!

looks like you are gonna be doing a lot of sewing now! ha...LOVE how your sewing turned out. You are a natural!
Wonderful card--that set is very nice for masculine cards!

Unknown said...

Out of adhesive?? How does that happen?? :) Very nice card - perfect for the men!! Yummy ribbon too! :)

Lisa H. said...

have to try this, it looks great for a masculine card. and yes, that ribbon is awesome stuff! I need to get that choc. color. great card.

Dottie K. said...

Great card! Love the ribbon and it works for a man. :)

Kathleen said...

Oh, I feel your pain on the adhesive! I've "stored" my adhesive in a new place apparently, b/c I can't find one refill----very unhappy....I really like this one---I've mostly seen the flowers on this set, too. Thanks for showing it on a masculine card----I always need that!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE it Joanne! So pretty!

Nancy Riley said...

Ran out of adhesive?! I would have never thought of sewing the card as an alternative to adhesive! You are too funny and too clever!

btw ... the card is gorgeous! Simple with a very bold statement.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover