Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 23, 2008

Stitched it!

You know what happens when I clean my desk? I found several sheets of this paper that I'm totally in love with. Scenic Route Lyden Collection. I just love these colors! The card base is Soft Sky and the green is Paper Trey Ink's Spring Moss.

See all that stitching? Guess what I fixed! That's right, the Janome is back!! sweeeeeeet!! I re-threaded the whole thing, and fiddled with the bobbin compartment - and adjusted the tension and its fixed. I did a lot of sewing last night (card sewing that is... lets not get ahead of ourselves!)

The image here was stamped three times. Once for the dress onto a scrap of the Lynden paper, and twice onto Poison Ivory cardstock. I colored the flowers, flower pot and her arms on one, and used the other as the template to match everything back up. It is a wee bit time consuming to do all that trimming, but I just love the results so its totally worth it. Anything not paper pieced was colored with Copic markers.

Now, the only thing I'm missing, is my bug. Boring old square mats here, but hopefully all that stitching takes your eye away from that? Bug was due to arrive at Provocraft Monday, so I can only hope that my replacement bug is now making its way to me??

Did you see the super cute new watermark that Kim sent all the girls on the DT? Isn't it adorable?? Its created by Sara from Tweaks and Designs. I'm so excited that I'm making my way up the queue for her to work on my blog design. How fun!!

I know yesterday I promised an SU card today, but I just had so much fun with the Janome and the paper piecing that I was eager to share. I'll have some SU love for you tomorrow instead. Promise.

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just beautiful, Joanne! I LOVE all the stitching! So glad you fixed your machine!

Michelle said...

Lovely, stunning!

Deanna said...

Beautiful card... I must find this new line by Scenic Route, they are my favorite! :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Gorgeous!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Jo...and the stitching looks awesome!! Good job fixing your machine!

jjcreations said...

Very nice card....I like how the background paper goes so well with her dress. Beautiful card. Joan

Jessie/knightrone said...

So happy you got your machine fixed!!!This is so beautiful!!

Lisa H. said...

just lovely. I always love the colors you use and the stitching looks great.

Kim said...

Too cute Joanne!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover