Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 16, 2008

May's What You Got

When I sat down to write this post, I realized that I forgot to ever select a winner from April's What You Got participants! So, without any further ado, the lucky winner, as selected by Random.org is Carrie! Please email me at stampedbyhand@comcast.net with your snail mail address and I'll get your prize into the mail!

This month Nancy, Dawn and I agreed to try to work on something with Berry Bliss designer paper and our only limitation was that we had to use three different papers from the series. I have to admit, that I'm not really all that fond of my creation now that its finished and all, but I'll be brave and post it nonetheless. However, I must say that I adore what the girls came up with.

I started with Julee Tillman's Mojo Monday challenge from last week, and picked out my three papers. I stitched around each of the quadrants, and then around all the panels. What fouled me up was that middle layer which I started to sponge, but then it made a big old mess. But, what really tripped me up was trying to work in that circular element. That button just doesn't feel like enough of an oomph for me.

Okay, enough of my yucky card, here's the cute cards that the girls sent me! Be sure to stop by their blogs today as they both are total superstars and each made two cards for the challenge so they're posting "extras" on their blogs today!
This next one is Nancy's and I'm think we both got our inspiration from last week's Mojo Monday challenge. However, Nancy CLEARLY pulled it off much better than I did!! I love the pop of pink all over the place. I always think that Nancy does a great job with all the little details that really pull a card together.

And this cute baby card is from Dawn. Its just so soft and lovely. In particular, I just love that she's picked two of the patterns in this series that till now has really make me scratch my head. This makes me want to dig mine out and see what I can do!

Here's your challenge for the month. If you've got Berry Bliss paper, pick three patterns and make a creation. If you don't have Berry Bliss, no worries, just get inspired by that paper collection and use whatever cardstock you have from that palette.

Remember, "What You've Got" is about using what you've already got in hand!

To enter, just post a comment on this thread with a link to your creation. And don't forget, if you post on Splitcoast, be sure to use the keyword "WYG" so we can see all the creations in one place! Personally, I'm going to challenge myself to try this one again! I've love to see what YOU come up with. You've got till June 1st to show me "What You've Got" and random.org will pick one participant who will win the Stampin Up Classic Ink pad of their choice.

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Donna Baker said...

I really like your card, Joanne! The other gal's are great too...what fun! that's one dp I hope doesn't retire for a long while

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic Joanne! I really like your card too!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, all the stitching and distressing on your card is FANTASTIC! Love that big 'ol button too! GREAT job!

Jennifer Buck said...

These are just beautiful! I love them! Congrats on your wonderful news! I am so excited for you! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Melissa K. said...

I was going through my blogs that I visit (using Google reader) and saw your challenge. It caught me off guard because I JUST "dragged" out my Berry Bliss paper again myself to make a card and then saw your post! You can see it here if you like http://stampingthroughthetulips.blogspot.com/2008/05/chocolate-wedding.html ...

I also wanted to say that I LIKE your card! I like that the pink is kind of downplayed, and I think it has a great masculine feeling.

Kim Costello said...

I really like your card, it's very elegant and the other gals are good too!

jjcreations said...

I like your creation...there's nothing wrong with it!!! Joan

Anonymous said...

I love your card, I see nothing wrong with it.
I love the Berry Bliss paper...but I hoard. So I used this challenge as a push to stop fondling the paper and start working with it.

Anonymous said...

Here is the card I made for the challenge:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/918210?cat=500&ppuser=148154

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover