Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 22, 2008

These days are coming......

Here's another card I made for the Gina K release party the other night. This designer paper from the Lynden Collection of Scenic Route reminds me of some cabanna fabric don't you think? I couldn't help but use it as the background and the inspiration for this striped umbrella.


I colored this image with my Copic markers, but I'm already looking forward to aquapainting this image the next time I've got a little stamping time on my hands!

This set is the "You Are My Sunshine" the current One Free with Three promotion over at Gina K. What an amazing set to get for FREE if you're already purchasing three other stamps from Gina K. Be sure to check out the gallery on Gina's site to see some of the other fun samples whipped up by the design team. My personal favorite is Julie Korbers flip flop card, but as usual, they all rock! I've got to go get my toes all prettied up because I plan on wearing flip flops from Memorial Day through Labor Day! That is, if the weather here ever decides to cooperate. BRRRR!


Living in New England, we spend a lot of time on the beach in the summer. We're taking a whole week off to spend with the boys at my parents beach house this summer and I just can't wait. We'll celebrate my older son's birthday at the picnic on the beach, with fireworks and a concert and by the Boston Pops!

Of course, going to the beach with two young children is sort of a workout, and not so much lounging on the beach as it used to be, but I still can't wait!

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marie said...

I love this!! The glitter on the water is perfect. TFS

Kathy W said...

love the touch of glitter on the water. Still waiting for the warm weather to get here, nice inspiration for knowing it will be 80 degrees anytime now.

Melissa K. said...

The glittery water is TOO perfect! Beautiful card all around. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fun card Joanne! So pretty! Yeah, I'm ready for it to heat up here too! BTW, is that the Megabilities die? That LONG rectangle? I HAVE to have that!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card makes me realize how much I need a vacation!! Love it!!

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks for the nice compliment Joanne! I think the flip flop stamp is too stinkin' cute! I think your creations all rocked too! It was a fun night! By the way, can you stuff me in your suitcase and take me to the beach??? LOL! Have a fabulous weekend!

Barbara Schram said...

Love this card Joanne! I am waiting for the warm weather too, hopfully soon! Love how you did the water!

LeAnne said...

Oooh, I just love how you did this--the whole card is beautiful! I just have to tell you that I have left you a couple awards because your work is so inspirational! Check out my blog to "pick them up"!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

wonderful!!! i can't imagine that going to the beach is quite as enjoyable...or should i say it's just a different kind of enjoyable!

jjcreations said...

Very nice. I like how you made the umbrella match the paper. Joan

Rose Ann said...

This is a beautiful beachy card!! I love the colors and sparkle too!!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love this! The DP reminds me so much of a beach umbrella, it's perfect! :-)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Joanne, this card is so FUN! Fantastic job!

Kira said...

This card is gorgeous! It turned out so lovely and definitely takes a person to the beach!
Good luck with the sandals. It's definitely sandal weather here when it isn't raining!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover