Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 27, 2008

I forgot!

A long weekend is a great chance to make a lot of progress with a little one's toilet training. And I'm happy to report that we're about 90% done. Still handling some accidents here and there (gross) but what a difference a few days makes!

Unfortunately, I think that I might have to make the difficult decision to pull the little guys nap. EEEKS. He does need some sort of break during the day, but I can't handle him coming out of his room till nearly nine pm to tell me that he has to pee again, that he thinks he heard a monster, that his nose needs to be blown, and that he has to pee AGAIN! Please just go to bed. I'm dreading the behavior that accompanies those first days, weeks and even months, that goes with the missing nap, but it would be nice for my day to end at 7:30 or 8 versus NINE!

Okay, now back to why you're probably here, not my whining!!

I've been working on some DT samples for an upcoming launch, but then remembered I'd never posted this little joy fold I'd made a few weeks ago. I wanted to try watercoloring with my SU makers, and it can in fact be done, I think I just need some practice, and also to give myself an image with a little more room to work with. These lines aren't so forgiving - they're pretty tight!

I'm going to try this one again with my copic markers instead!


I also remembered I hadn't shown you the fourth card in my "She's All That" card pack I'd made for a friend.
This uses my loved, but under used Baroque background. I think its just absolutely perfect for wedding or shower cards. The card base is mellow moss, with very vanilla and blush blossom for the cardstock mats. The image is stamped in river rock.
I think these siloutte girls are so sweet, but we agreed at stamp club last week that this girl really needs a hamburger or something, don't you think?
Have a great day everyone!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marie said...

These cards are beautiful! As for your little one, there is nothing quite like nap time, but if you have to give that up you can do like we do and have quiet time. My kiddos get to pick a book or other quiet, low-stimulus activity, and do that for 45 min to an hour in their room. It gives me a little break in the day, and with 3 kids, I need it!!! I usually try to get the baby to nap then and get at least one card stamped. Maybe this will work for you too!

Lisa H. said...

I'm with Marie, giving up nap is hard but the little ones still need that down time. My 4yr. still ends up falling asleep 3 days out of the week while he is having his quiet time. good luck!
You cards are beautiful. I really love the bride card, I think it is that background stamp that just gives is such a beautiful finish.

leanne said...

Your cards are lovely! I really like them both.

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful cards, Joanne! So sweet and simple! :)

Unknown said...

Pretty cards Jo! Good luck with the no nap -it's so hard to give it up but it's WONDERFUL to be done by 8!! Wanna come potty train my Ethan? :)

Anonymous said...

I am potty training my 3 yr. old too...it's going okay, but as soon as school let's out (I'm a teacher) and can be home with her full time for awhile, then she is going to have to put some real effort into her training.
I'm also trying to keep her with her nap schedule. Her new preschool program for next year has nap time, so I'm trying to help them out by not cutting it out at home. Yeah Right...she wants to stay up and play with big brother.
Your cards are gorgeous!!
Jeanette

Tracy F said...

Any help with potty training tips for a boy would be helpful. My DS just turned 3 at the beginning of May and I have tried to train, but with no success. I've only had girls to this point and I am getting very frustrated with his training. Any help would be appreciated. Email me @ tracy.greven@sympatico.ca.
And I love your blog, I come by here often you have great work

Jessie/knightrone said...

Nap times are sacred, and it is SO hard when they stop taking them, but I am sure you will both adjust to it, atleast I hope so!! Good luck with the PT!! Super cute cards too!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover