Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 5, 2008

Happy Birthday!

You might have been thinking that my Gina K stamps were a teeny bit neglected. Well, that's not exactly true, I've been working on THREE swaps with them, but can't show them till they're received by the other swappers.  


Today is my sweet husband's birthday, and when I received this stamp "Just me and My Dad" from Gina for the most recent launch, I knew it would be JUST perfect for his birthday card from my boys.

This paper is from the Loveland Collection of Scenic Route. I used the pink stripes and hearts about a zillion times for Valentines day, but this fantastic green is on the back of one of them. Its perfect!  This time, I stamped my image and sentiment with black craft ink, then heat embossed with clear.  It makes the black just so clear and shiny and looks fantastic.  The sentiment literally jumps off the page. The heat setting for the embossing, well yes, that does take an extra minute or two, but the effect is well worth it.

The image is colored with my Copic markers, they're great for fine detail images like this, and I wanted really vibrant colors to go with this designer paper.

Rainy day here, good for my grass, bad for kids that have been enjoying playing outside lately.  
Looking forward to rita's and nachos with my husband and the boys tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate the big 3-5 for my husband. I love those few months that he's older than me!    


2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara Schram said...

Wonderful card! I don't think I will ever tire of the Kindred Sprit images! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Jennifer Buck said...

Too cute! I love how sweet the Kindred spirits are! So sweet! TFS :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover