Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 29, 2008

Quietly Stitched

Did I ever have fun stamping the week away last week during the Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  I'm so excited to say that I completed every one of the challenges!  I was usually able to combine at least a few here and there so that I didn't have to create a unique card for every single challenge.

Some of them made me stop and think, some of them came together quickly, and others, well, others well, lets say were a challenge indeed!  But that's the fun right? 

Isn't it funny though, how sometimes the cards that you're least sure of are the ones that people comment on the most?  I wasn't even sure I liked this, was it too clean? Did the pearls cover too much of the flowers?  Was it boring? I wasn't sure. But after all that sewing, I was going to post it and move on.  

This is now the second most commented card in my gallery. Go figure! Thanks everyone!! 

This is Framed Flowers by Carolyn King for Gina K Designs.  I have the lovely Barbara Schramm to thank for the half pearls, they were sent to me as part of a recent Secret Swapper (thanks girlfriend!) 

Hope you all have a great day!  There is still time to complete the challenges on Splitcoast if you're interested. The challenges will be "open" for submissions till August 1st!  

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Amy said...

Joanne, I LOVE this!!!!! It's so beautifully simple. I was just emailing Asela about this very concept this morning. How people typically like most the card you like the least! Your just lucky you get lots of comments on SCS, I can barely manage to get ANY over there! My favorite Flowers for Daisy card (the purple one) has a grand total of ONE (1) comment!!!! Yikes. I must have bad taste because I thought it was an awesome card, totally my favorite!!! Oh well, shows you how much I know. Thanks for sharing this fab card with us today, so beautiful!!

Hugs,
Amy

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, I can see why this card has gotten so many comments ... it's GORGEOUS! Those pearls are incredible, and the stitching - perfection!

I can totally relate to what you're saying ... there are so many cards I'm unsure about and end up getting comments I never dreamed of them getting! Wonder what kind of comments the ones that went in the trash can would have gotten???!

Congrats on tackling ALL of the dirty challenges ... that is quite an undertaking!

Unknown said...

What a beatiful card, Joanne!! I can see why it got a lot of love over at SCS... it's stunning!

Laura Williams said...

Hi, I'm your new biggest fan!! :) Your work is just SO gorgeous, and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!!!!

Melanie said...

love this!!!

Rachel said...

I've always liked your style and this card is beautiful!:)

Alyssa S said...

This is a beautiful card! The sentiment has me singing the Golden Girls song though! Ha! :o)

Renee said...

OH my...this is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Whimsey said...

Beautiful card; so elegant! And isn't that the funniest thing how we're now sure we like something and bam; it gets a bajillion views? Go figure!

Love it!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover