Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 5, 2008

Lost?

This card is going to be for my husband with the sentiment "I'd be lost without you...." I'm tucking it away for a road trip we're taking this fall.  Let me just say, I am a terrible navigator.  And, I detest long car rides.  He on the other hand, would be perfectly happy to ride cross country, or all the way to Florida etc.  Loves it.

Thank goodness for a navigation system because I'm like Joey from Friends.  I need to get INTO the map to figure out where I'm going.

When I saw this fun stamp set What's Your Sign from My Favorite Things, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I stamped the signpost a few times, in different directions with Chocolate Pearlescent Brilliance ink onto watercolor paper and then let it dry.  Then the whole image is watercolored with my Stampin Up reinkers and  a water brush.  Still one of my very favorite techniques.

So much my favorite, that I had to use that same color palette for another watercolor with Nature Calls.  As long as I'm stocking up on guy cards, I thought this would be fun to have to tuck in his suitcase the next time he travels. 

Can you tell I'm having SO much fun with my MFT stamps this month!  I've got one more preview tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover