Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2008

Totally Wicked

People that aren't from New England probably have no idea what I'm talking about with "Totally Wicked."  I remember one of the first times I used that phrase at college, and a friend from Texas stopped dead in his tracks and said "What did you just say??" He was needless to say, very amused.
I'm from Boston, we talk funny I guess.  

When I made my first card with this stamp set which I shared earlier today, the idea of the Wicked Witch of the West came over me.  

Have you seen the musical Wicked?  Or read the book?  I just adore that story, and the musical was so wonderfully done.  If you're not familiar, it is the story of The Wizard of Oz from the witches point of view, because really, she's just terribly misunderstood!

While its very difficult to see here, the dress for Glinda is paper pieced with pink paper, the given a coat of shine with my sakura stardust pen and my aquapainter.  I paper pieced her dress a few times to add a few layers because she isn't really a plain dress girl.  Elphaba's dress is paper pieced with Basic Grey paper from SU and her green stockings to match with that lovely skin tone of hers!

The cobweb stamp from this set was just perfect for some spooky green cardstock , the card base is Basic Grey as well.

Does that ever happen to you that you come across an idea and you can't rest till you've finally put it down on paper.  This was nothing but fun for me....  Love that creative stress reliever!

If you haven't seen the show, it is a fun night out (I went with my mother and sister last year) and they're on national tour.  Check here to see if they're coming to a city near you!   Its Wicked Amazing!  (giggle. I couldn't help myself.....)

More Teasers Tomorrow!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Theresa Momber said...

Love this! That cobweb is awesome. I can't wait to see the whole set.

I have been know to say "totally wicked," but I am from California. We are a strange bunch, too.

MelissaS said...

That's a wicked awesome card! LOL, I'm from New England, too, so have been the recipient of "What did you say??" many times. Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see all the MFTeasers this week :)

Anonymous said...

darling card... love it!

Jana Weaver said...

That card is so wicked awesome! I have read the book but haven't seen the musical yet, altho my sisters have promised to take me next time I visit them in New York. And yes, I said wicked a few times in college and learned to stop quickly! ;-)

Valerie said...

Wicked on all counts!

LOVED the Musical and would see it over and over if I could. My daughter and I saw it at the Pantage's Theatre in Hollywood last year.

SueB said...

"Totally wicked" SO fits this one! I'm a transplanted Bostonian and lived in Philly a while before settling in Michigan. I used to get requests to say "pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd" all the time and to this day have trouble ordering pop/tonic/soda or subs/hoagies!

Shannan Teubner said...

LOL I did Guh-Linda (with a GUH) and Elphaba too! Love your card!

Nancy Riley said...

This is soooo cute, Joanne! You're makin' me want to start create for Halloween already!

Melanie said...

that's great, you nailed it!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the Musical too ,it has been Broadway’s best-selling show for the past two years. Wicked tix in USA can be expensive and difficult to find. I’ve attended it last year, but before booking tickets , I compared them firstly for free at Ticketsreview.com, and then I took the cheapest tickets.
Here are the links:
http://www.ticketsreview.com/theater/wicked_tickets/

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover