Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2008

Totally Wicked

People that aren't from New England probably have no idea what I'm talking about with "Totally Wicked."  I remember one of the first times I used that phrase at college, and a friend from Texas stopped dead in his tracks and said "What did you just say??" He was needless to say, very amused.
I'm from Boston, we talk funny I guess.  

When I made my first card with this stamp set which I shared earlier today, the idea of the Wicked Witch of the West came over me.  

Have you seen the musical Wicked?  Or read the book?  I just adore that story, and the musical was so wonderfully done.  If you're not familiar, it is the story of The Wizard of Oz from the witches point of view, because really, she's just terribly misunderstood!

While its very difficult to see here, the dress for Glinda is paper pieced with pink paper, the given a coat of shine with my sakura stardust pen and my aquapainter.  I paper pieced her dress a few times to add a few layers because she isn't really a plain dress girl.  Elphaba's dress is paper pieced with Basic Grey paper from SU and her green stockings to match with that lovely skin tone of hers!

The cobweb stamp from this set was just perfect for some spooky green cardstock , the card base is Basic Grey as well.

Does that ever happen to you that you come across an idea and you can't rest till you've finally put it down on paper.  This was nothing but fun for me....  Love that creative stress reliever!

If you haven't seen the show, it is a fun night out (I went with my mother and sister last year) and they're on national tour.  Check here to see if they're coming to a city near you!   Its Wicked Amazing!  (giggle. I couldn't help myself.....)

More Teasers Tomorrow!
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover