Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2008

MFT Monday Teasin' Time

My eldest son gets a huge smile out of the My Favorite Things stamps each month.  He always tries to guess what "Who's that Girl" will be this month, and boy did he ever get a chuckle when he saw that she's now "Totally Witchin"! 

Lucky me, I ended up with some of the new Cosmo Cricket Haunted paper.  I mean, really I'm totally not above some major sucking up, especially when it comes to Cosmo Cricket - I just LOVE that stuff!!  I was only too happy to help relieve them of any "extras" that they didn't want to have to pack up later that day!  

This is modified from Cindy Haffners fantastic sketch challenge this week.  I just used a square focal image instead of a circle, but I'll have one that plays along with the actual sketch tomorrow! Be sure to visit the My Favorite Things Member Company forum to play along!  

I actually did the inside of the card as well, I stitched the main panel to a kraft border, and then added the fun spider stamp and sentiment to the inside of the card. 

Hold onto your seats because My Favorite Things  is releasing FIVE new sets this Wednesday!!  The New Release Cocktail Party will be held Wednesday, August 6 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. There will also be some great new ribbon added to the store. 

If you're an MFT-aholic like me, be sure to look for "The Girl Who Wants It All special" for the The Aug Collection, which is one of each set being released, is $65. 

Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. 

Quick card details: 

 5 1/4 square card, bard base is SU Really Rust, Witchy Dresses and broom paper pieced from Cosmo Cricket Haunted Paper, Black Brads from Stampin Up, Copic Markers used for background, and any part of the witches that weren't paper pieced.  I actually used my grey prismacolor pencil over my black copic marker to help create shadow and just soften the harshness of the black marker.  A fun tip I learned from Colorin' Kate at CHA!  

0 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover