Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 3, 2008

Clean and Green

The notion of me being a domestic goddess is just simply laughable.  Especially after the disaster that grew around me as I stamped all those Dirty Dare challenges a few weeks ago. 

I just need Melanie to create a stamp for these t-shirts that reads "Queen of Clutter" that's me. I just like to keep things, not so good at throwing anything out! 

This paper was sent to me as part of a recent swap I organized on Splitcoast for the Gina K Member company forum.  Several of us sent out supply kits to other stampers.  I recieved the most GENEROUS assortment of paper, ribbon, buttons, fibers, and more paper to boot! This only just scratches the surface!  Thank you Laurie SO much.  I'll be posting more creations with my "supplied" materials, but this is my first so far.

So, why am I using this Domestic Goddess stamp for my Green Sunday post anyhow???  I've got a few recommendations on green household products that I happen to love.

The first, is Mrs Meyers cleaning products. I just love that these are safe for my kids, and for the environment too.  And, they do an absolutely amazing job at cleaning and making my home smell fresh!  The general purpose cleaner is such a great value too.  To refill my spray bottle takes only a capfull or so of cleaner, diluted with water.  I've been using that refill bottle for MONTHS without having to buy a new one.  Toilet cleaners usually have such a vile smelling, toxic odor, but the geranium scented toilet cleaner I love. It does a great job, without making my bathroom smell toxic in the process!  

Another thing that I really love are the dishwashing and clothes-washing products from Ecover. My youngest, just has some real nasty eczema, so I'm always looking for a scent free cleaner for our clothes that will get the job done, yet be easy on his skin.  Additionally, I want a phosphate free product so that I'm not contributing to increased algae bloom in the water supply.  I won't recreate the wheel here with all the scientific jargon as to why phosphate free cleaners are a good idea, but please see this article from treehugger.com for more information.

What are YOUR favorite green cleaners? Anyone have a product they'd like to share?  I was anxious to try the Method floor cleaner, but its made with walnut oil. Boooo.  I'm sure it cleanse well and gives the wood a great luster, but with a severe nut allergy in the house, I'll pass on that one.  

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melanie said...

eek, it's fabulous!! cleaners? hmm I have to admit I'm not that green yet, but I feel like I live in the green capital of the world here in Austin!! That Meyers stuff is everywhere and I am tempted it's beautiful packaging is like "luxury cleaning" (but I know you can't just stare at it for it to work!! or can you? if you can, i'm buying it tomorrow LOL!!)

we did just buy a spray called "Simple Green" for our new granite counters in the kitchen, it says it's non toxic and no abrasive , made for stone, but I'm not sure if it's really "green" (looks green, works a'iite!! ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how cute, love your t-shirt, awesome job.

Anonymous said...

I've used Meyer Lemon for years. And, funnily enough I have a Friday Green post on my blog... AND my son has excema/allergies... so anyway... since clearly we are related beyond our love of crafts... I thought I would say HI! Came here for the MFT Teasers... btw. p.s. feel free to check out my family blog (i have a craft and a family one - see my profile) for green links...
take care,
emily

Deborah Anton said...

Hi Joanne!!

Favorite cleaners?? I have found a product a few months back that I love and use to not only clean the house, but to clean my stamps! It is the Holy Cow line. I love the Myers line as well, but the Holy Cow line impressed me too!

Your card is darling and once I breathe from under the boxes, I hope to order that set!! HUGS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover