Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 21, 2008

Remembering.....

I really, really tried to be good with this past month's release from Paper Trey Ink.  And I was doing okay, that is, till Lisa Johnson's "Remember" set was previewed.  

I tried, really I did.  But, as you can see, it didn't work.  All of the samples were just over the top (um, as usual) and this one was calling my name, and I don't mean quietly.

 I tried a technique I've seen before, but never tried on my own.  I took that kraft paper and totally crumpled it... several times, then flattened it out.  It took on the look of suede or leather... but the edges were all wonky and sticking out everywhere. So I stitched it all the way around, and then with my handy edge distresser, I roughed up all the edges.

The blooms were stamped directly to the paper, then colored. Then I stamped them all again, colored and trimmed them. Finally stamped, colored and trimmed the smaller bloom to add even more dimension.  

This was SO fun to work with.  I look forward to trying even more bloom combinations, this set has just SO many elements.  And the red paper and ribbon, yum - to die for!  

This card is headed home with my dayare client turned great friend and fellow sickly addicted stamper.  I can't even begin to imagine that the mom and her two little ones won't be tromping in with stories of the weekend on Monday morning.... just can't go there yet.

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card.

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is stunning. I love the kraft paper and the red color. :)

Elizebeth said...

Beautiful card, love it!

mudmaven said...

This is just so gorgeous! I too vow every month to resist the PTI curse - never works for me either!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowzers! This is gorgeous!! Love the red with the kraft, then your stitching puts it right over the top!!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS Joanne! What a truly beautiful card!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Scrumptious, Joanne! Glad you got your mojo back!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You've outdone yourself this time. . .this is incredible! Hugs!

Sew Club said...

Beautiful card, my friend! I love what you did with this set, and um, you're not the only one to cave to the enabling...

Joy said...

Joanne, this is gorgeous. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, your card looks gorgeous! I love the layered flowers and the vibrant color you chose for them.
I love the crumpled background and the stitching!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs and smiles

Lisa_in_AR said...

Beautiful card! I couldn't resist this set either. Can't wait to try it out.

Debbie Olson said...

Very beautiful! You did a great job with the poppies!

Anonymous said...

absolutely breathtaking! You have really shown the heart of the set! TFS!

Felicia said...

Wow! This card is GORGEOUS!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover