Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 16, 2008

Giving Back....

I have a few samples from the most recent Gina K launch party that I had shared over on the Splitcoast Member Company forum that I thought I'd share over here as well.

Both Rupa and Carolyn have stamp sets illustrated this month, and they've both generously donating proceeds to a cause important to them.  

This time, Rupa's new set titled "So Grateful" was my choice for a one layer card as it seems I've been making one for each of the Gina K launches lately....Rupa will generously be donating a portion of her proceeds to "Feed the Children."

This strip of acorns was just screaming for me to watercolor!  I grabbed a few Stampin Up inkpads, my aquapainter and had fun playing.  I went back and added some white gel pen to the acorns for highlighting.  Really helps that white space to pop!  When I shared it at the launch party the other night, I almost fell off my chair when I got a note from Kurtis with a "gasp. Thud."  Totally made my day!

I couldn't help but think that this would make a really neat menu for Thanksgiving.  A few score lines for detail with my Scor Pal and some wide width grosgrain ribbon.  And, then I stamped the jumbo sized acorn on the envelope to match.

This second preview is with my friend Cammie's new set titled "Whimsical Autumn."  In addition to the fact that these images are just too cute I was so touched to hear that Cammie is donating 100% of her proceeds from this stamp set to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of her Grandmother.  

My grandmother suffered from Parkinson's which in many ways has the same devistating effect on both the patient, and the whole family.  Cammie my heart goes out to you.... but I think you already knew that. (((hugs)))  

As for the card details, the window on the front of the card was cut with my nestabilities oval and then the card was finished off with my wide chocolate ribbon.  Can you tell I love that stuff?And yes, I watercolored again, this time with my watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter.  

So, as if the stamps alone weren't great enough, you can feel good giving back by picking up a little somethin' somethin' over at Gina K Designs.  I'm already feeling itchy to watercolor again!







 

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

jonisart said...

These are both beautiful, but especially that acorn card! Really does take your breathe away!

Marlou McAlees said...

these are very pretty cards :) beautiful work

Lee said...

It sure is wonderful and I was so thrilled to buy these sets too!!! And you are sooooo talented!!! I LOVE your creations and I totally agree with Kurtis!!!! :)

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful cards Joanne---loved them at the release and I still do!!! You did a great job.

(((Joanne))))

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover