Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2008

Going Out on a Limb

EEKS! Last night was the Paper Trey Ink release party for the fantastic new sets.  I own Boards and Beams and I fell hard for the accompanying set Home for the Holidays after I saw this beauty from Debbie.  Sine hubby was out late coming home from guys weekend in NYC, I chatted with the girls on line for a while, and then nearly fell off my chair when my friend Julie pointed out that I won for one of the categories of the Guest Star Stamper!!!  

I still can't believe it.  When my husband finally arrived home,  I was so excited about it, and had to tell someone.  He of course, well, didn't get it.  

So, I'll just tell all of you instead! Giggle.  Congratulations to the other winners, and honorable mentions too (Including my pals Kirsten and Charmaine!) So many fantastic projects in those galleries!  Hey, amazing stamps make it easy eh? 

Out on a Limb from Paper Trey is such a versatile and clean set.  I adore the simplicity of it, and I also love anything that you can freshen up with new colors for all year use.  I made lots of pink cherry blossom cards with this just after I purchased it this spring.  

This set is also ideal for my mass production projects-- assuming I can convince myself to keep the layouts pretty clean. 

This is the Paper Trey Pure Poppy cardstock and ribbon, matched with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink and my Copic markers for the leaves. 

I embossed only the bottom half of my kraft cardstock with the swiss dots embossing folder and my Cuttlebug.   

To mix it up again, using all the same supplies and layout, I did another version that becomes a little more Christmas-y by using the Red Holly Berries instead.

These were both made for my Grandmother who is one of my best card clients. Every time I see her I get a big hug followed by "So, when can I get some more cards!"  I hope she likes them!




9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Becky Carafa said...

Ooo, I saw this earlier on Nichole's blog, congrats!!! Great card, kraft has been my choice of base lately. Love it with the red!

Unknown said...

YEA Joanne!! I just love the card - I still need to get that set, just love it!! HUGE Congrats my friend - you deserve it! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Great card!! I just saw you won and had to come over and say Congratulations!! So happy for you!

Shannan Teubner said...

Oh, girlie I was totally bouncin for ya!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!

Debbie Olson said...

You GO girl--congrats!! These are both beauties--I'm sure your Grandma will be thrilled with them!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love this PTI set - I've got it on my xmas list!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

congrats!! i LOVE this!!
XOXO

Marlou McAlees said...

I just loooooove this card!! fabulous :)

Jana Weaver said...

CONGRATS Girlfriend!!! I was soooo excited when I say you had won yesterday, that is just awesome!!! You totally rock with this gorgeous design (but then, all your designs are gorgeous!) Hope you're doing well, and that they boys are doing ok with their allergies! Hope to catch up with you soon!!
Huggs,
Jana

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover