Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2008

Love the stash...

Do you hoard things? Because, apparently I do, lots of things.  I purchased this stamp titled "Wedding Gown Circle" from Stamping Bella, I think the very day that Emily released it.  I nearly grabbed all the coordinating little circular images, but for once, I exercised *a little* restraint.

And then, this poor little sweet stamp sat there.  In line, in my generous "collection" of images.

But I knew I'd have occasion to need it.  And then the other day my mother called with a need for a bridal shower card. I was so excited, because I knew I had exactly the image I wanted.

Um, along with my very new most favorite paper collection.  Making Memories unveiled a monochromatic line of papers at CHA this summer in -- I think -- four different colors.  And, if you've been reading here a while, you'll know that I seriously ADORE monochromatic cards.  This palette is titled "Rouge" and is shades of sweet light pink and rose.  They're all lovely, and yikers, a set of coordinated ribbon to match.  Love-ly! (Can you hear me singing??)

However, now that I have the card finished, I hope the bride isn't offended that I made the dress very pale pink....  gasp!  The image is colored lightly with my copic markers, then hit with my glue pen and dazzling diamonds because, hey every bride needs some glitz (you should have seen my dress - fifteen (no lie) layers of tulle.  A total cinderella dress if you ever saw one. But hey, I'm a girly girl... you should know that by now.

Writing this from the comfort of the hospital where I'm awaiting the arrival of my new baby niece.  I might be scarce for a few days as I will be visiting with my sister, helping with cooking and probably one million loads of laundry, and um, that little birthday of mine to boot!

Have a fabulous weekend! I'll be back with the blog candy winner sometime Saturday evening!
I'm SO glad you all have come by to enter, be sure to say hi now and again okay... you lurkers!  Giggle.

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kim said...

Oh my, I have seen this stamp so many times, and restrained myself from ordering it. BUT, now that I see your beautiful card I am going to have to get it! That paper is yummy too! I don't think the bride will be offended at all...this is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa H. said...

what a sweet card! love the sash from the Stash! congrats on becoming an Aunt. Enjoy that newborn.

Dottie K. said...

Just beautiful and I'm sure the bride is going to love it. Congrats on becoming and Aunt. Enjoy your visit and your birhday. :)

Sharri said...

Gorgeous card!
Congrats on becoming an Aunt!

Eve said...

That card is stunning!
Very sophisticated!
Kindly,
~Eve

Melissa said...

Very sweet!

Many Blessings,
M.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

absolutely beautiful - congratulations on being an aunt. Happy birthday !!

Angie said...

LOL, you know, I am a lurker now that you mention it! I always read your blog, everyday, but I hardly ever comment. I honestly don't know why. I love this monochramatic card. I don't think the bride will mind the pale pink dress. It's a girly card and pink is totally appropriate for it!

Dana White said...

Um does lurker mean me?! It was so great being at your class & meeting you & I can't wait until I am out that way again :)

Denise Marzec said...

It's a gorgeous image...love the sparkle and the BG paper. Pretty!!

Michelle said...

oooooohhhh It's beautiful. I can't imagine she would be offended by such gorgeousness.

Patty Williams said...

The card is beautiful and elegant!

Jocelyn said...

I hoard paper and embellishments especially primas. :D Anyway, love the card. It's so girly girl! I'm sure the bride is gonna love it!

Shirley said...

So very simply elegant!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover