Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2008

Land Cruisin

I hope that you were able to drop by to visit at the Land Cruise last night on the Gina K Designs Forum.  I know that it made me feel a little less sorry for myself  that I'm home in the freezing cold this week while so many of my friends are setting sail - its always so fun to chat with my "Pretend Stamping Friends" from across the country - and ahem, even around the world!

For anyone that missed it, you'll have to head on over to the forum to find the LandCruiser Special - its a one day only savings offer, and you've only got till Midnight Tonight!

There are also three chances at free stamp sets valued at 19.95 or less.  All you need to do is enter one of the three challenges and winners will be picked at random!

Here's my sample for Cammie's Water Challenge. Its so cold here, I couldn't think beach, so I used one of my favorites, Simple Pleasures and covered that vase in Diamond Glaze.  

This second card is my sample for Donna's 1-2-3 challenge - it was a great way to kick up a one layer card.  You know I love that white space right!  

I used all accents of red to tie this together for a little pop.  I put diamond glaze on the apples (since it was out for the other challenge anyways...) and it gives those apples some shine!  

I wanted to badly to add another layer to the card to frame the oval, but since that would um, be cheating on the challenge, I took my BOOO Copic Marker and went in and colored in all around the image, leaving a white frame all around the border as sort of a "faux" other layer.  
I've got a sample for Erika's chipboard challenge which I'll post later today.....

Till then, hope you'll hop on over to the Gina K Member Company forum and jump in on the challenges and questions for your chance at free stamps!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kelly said...

Both are very pretty!

Jocelyn said...

Love the cards especially the effect of the liquid applique on the apples. I was at the forum last night (1st time) and totally had fun. I already shopped at GinaK and spent quite a fortune,heeheehee... I'll just tell my husband it's my early Christmas present/s. Thanks to all of you (GinaK Team) for all the inspirations and for your generosity. :D

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous cards, Joanne! Thanks for hostessing the party last night. It was so much fun. I mostly had to lurk due to finishing up a project and a resulting craft injury (bandage on finger interfered with typing, LOL). Loved seeing all the amazing samples from the DT!

Patty Williams said...

Gorgeous!

Denise said...

Beautiful cards. Love those apples, great job.

Emily said...

Beautiful cards! The diamond glaze looks awesome on the apples and vase. TFS!

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne, what is not to like. These are both stunning. The first is so soft and feminine and the second one is just so vibrant and stunning!

Sonya said...

Joanne, love the card, all of them!If you don't mind could you tell me where the stamp comes from? I would love to get one if it is still available.
Thanks

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover