Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 13, 2008

Double the Love

Oh how I love to make baby cards.  Really, when someone calls to say that they need a baby card, I quite literally move all other projects aside and get to play.

Imagine my excitement when my mom called the other day saying she needed a card for twin boys!  EEEKS!  

I had this sweet set from Paper Trey Ink out and handy for another little project of mine, but for the boys I wanted to use that adorable little baby head...twice!

I stamped the carriage once to the cardstock, then again to Stampin Up bashful blue patterns paper, then one more time to Bashful Blue cardstock and pieced the carriage together.

The little baby heads were stamped directly to the paper, and then stamped colored and popped up on dimensionals.  Lots of blue to celebrate the safe arrival of the twins.  The card was finished off with striped grosgrain ribbon, and the sweet sentiment "double the love" on a Cuttlebug Tiny tag die tied on with a bit of linen thread.

What is YOUR favorite type of card to make?

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tricia T said...

What a precious card! My favorite card to make is probably friendship... thinking of you. Probably because I actually (occasionally! LOL) send those! :)

Basement Stamper said...

Adorable card, and I'm right there with you...I LOVE to make baby cards. I think 1/2 my blog is baby cards LOL!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! That is absolutely adorable!

Lori A. said...

That is such an adorable card! I love it.

Nancy Riley said...

Too CUTE, Joanne! I'm going to have to use this card for inspiration very soon, as I have a cousin & his wife expecting TWIN GIRLS in November!

Cindy Haffner said...

OMG tooooo cute, love it.

Emily said...

This is so cute!! I love the two babies and the sentiment! I love making baby cards too, but Christmas cards are my favorite =).

Allison said...

That is adorable!

Whimsey said...

WOW; too stinking adorable!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Soooo adorable!! I squealed when I saw it!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is the sweetest card ever! Those 2 baby faces are just precious! Their mama is going to love this card!

Unknown said...

so cute!

Hmmm, I quite like making baby cards too - and just because cards. I like to make a nice card just because I can :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover