Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 17, 2008

Not Cruising? Join us for the Gina K Designs Land Cruise

I was just feeling too sad for myself that I wasn't cruising with Gina, Emily and Nicole and those lucky stampers that are going.  So, a few of us on the Gina K Designs Team decided to host a "Land Cruise."

In typical fashion, Gina is just so unbelievably generous, and offered to give us lots of prizes to give away! We'll have challenges, contest questions, as well as a One Day Only Landcruiser Special that you won't want to miss.  It is a fantastic savings offer, available one day only.  Its the perfect opportunity to pick up some extras either for yourself, or as gifts for any stampers on your holiday list.  

In lieu of new previews, several of us on the DT will be making samples for the three challenges that evening so you'll have a little eye candy
  
So, land lovers, come party with the Design Team on Wednesday, October 22nd from 7-10pm CST (that's 8-11pm for me here in the East Coast!!!)  You can find all the details on this thread

I realized that I hadn't shared one of the cards that I'd made for the most recent launch over at Gina K Designs.  My friend Melanie has two new sets out this month, and you might know already, but I adore sunflowers. When I had my eldest son, my bestest girlfriends sent me a HUGE vase of them, and they were sooo beautiful.  So clearly, the first card I had to make with this beautifully illustrated set "A Year of Flowers" had to be the Sunflower.

I used a top note die as a fun little flap to the card, and then anchored the sunflower on top.  All the edges were faux stitched, and then I coated everything with loads and loads of distress ink, for a much more rustic look than I usually do.  Finished off with a few hemp tied buttons on the bottom left hand corner.  

The coordinating set "Say it With Flowers" is loaded with beautiful sentiments and quotes.  

Hope to see you at the Land Cruise party - if you're reading this and about to set sail on the REAL cruise, then have a frozen something for me --- okay?

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lee said...

Ohhhh it's gonna be a fun time!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Your card is just so warm and pretty!! I really wish you were coming with us!!! I may have room in my HUGE suitcase, interested?? :) Sounds like you'll have fun and I'll have a "frozen something" and think of you! ;)

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love how warm and welcoming it feels!

Whimsey said...

YEAH; glad us landers aren't left out!! Thanks girls; u rock!

Shirley said...

A really gorgeous Fall card! I really love what you did with the flower and the colors are so warm and comfy.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover